PDA

View Full Version : NMR: Know any Porsche newsgroups?

Sunny
November 15th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Squids,
Does anybody know of a good website/newsgroup for the Porshce 944? My trusted cage since college needs some aftermarket performance boost.

Geek
November 16th, 2001, 01:44 AM
The best performance boost you could give it is to subtract 33 from the model number

:D :D :D

Sunny
November 16th, 2001, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geek:
The best performance boost you could give it is to subtract 33 from the model number<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, unfortunately it degrades wallet thickness proportionately. The '89 slantnose whale tail with flared bad *** fenders is *still* my heartthrob and within reach (assuming I persuade wifey that kiddo's college savings are unnecessary), but I just can't get rid of 'ol faithful
:rolleyes: Sniff... I guess this is why Ducati guys keep riding those overpriced things that break down, get beat by jap bikes half their c.c., etc. Something called "soul"...

jason rodis
November 16th, 2001, 06:45 AM
take a look at moore speed (http://www.moorespeed.com/) they work on porsches and do a great job. They worked on my 911.

Weave
November 16th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Sunny, a good friend of mine is a 944 nut. If it looks, smells, or tastes 944, then he has info on it. Today he owns an '89 Turbo s, and that thing absolutely screems.

His e-mail is ecokes@aol.com, and his name is Ellis. Drop him a line with your 944 interests, and he will hook you up. Mention my name (I go by "Weave" with just about everyone, including my wife).