PDA

View Full Version : Craziness Spotted

jelliott25
November 23rd, 2001, 04:49 PM
So, I'm driving home from the in-laws the other night, coming in on highway 80. I hear a bike coming up on the left and I can tell it's something sporty so, naturally, I glance over as he passes.

Now, being more interested in the bike than the rider, I sorta focus my attention towards the bike (I think it was a YZF). As I'm looking the thing over, it suddenly dawns on me that I don't see any feet on the pegs nor do I see any legs wrapped around the lower portion of the motorcycle. Bemused, I shift my gaze upward and notice the rider in the following configuration.

There is no one in the saddle at all. The rider is sitting squarely on the fuel tank. His hands are at his sides, on the grips with his legs/feet sticking straight out in front of him over the top of the windscreen. He looked like one of the guys on a pommel horse when they suspend themselves on the horse with their legs straight out in front of them. The difference being, this guy was traveling at somewhere north of 80 mph, at night on a crowded highway (we were between beltline and galloway), weaving in and out of traffic.

Now, I've seen some folks doing some silly things on bikes before but I think this guy has taken the cake. Had he needed to stop suddenly, he would have just slid straight off the front of the bike.

Scared me to death. I was expecting to see metal and plastic bike parts flying through the air any second but he just kept on going and disappeared over the horizon. It would have been interesting to see how he got up there like that in the first place.

You just never know what you're gonna see.

DaJacker
November 23rd, 2001, 05:15 PM
did he have a Canadian tag on the bike? :D

Dave Whitson
November 23rd, 2001, 05:26 PM
Was he doing this??
Actually that's a pretty common stunt among stunters.
I already know what would happen if I tried that. :eek: :D
http://www.sportbikes.net/photos/data/426highchair-med.jpg

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Dave W. ]

jelliott25
November 23rd, 2001, 05:57 PM
That's it!..except he was surrounded by SUV's. :eek:

shane carter
November 23rd, 2001, 10:44 PM
hey, thats geeks HERO! try that one edward. if you turn the picture upside down, it has an amazing resemblance to me in turn 1 at TWS.

Hood Ornament
November 24th, 2001, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crash carter:
if you turn the picture upside down, it has an amazing resemblance to me in turn 1 at TWS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which time???? :eek: :D

shane carter
November 25th, 2001, 08:46 PM
that would be the first time, the 2nd time was turn 2. Which looked more like superman coming in for a landing and forgeting to put his legs down.