PDA

View Full Version : TEAM ARISTOCRAT (endurance Question)

shane carter
December 6th, 2001, 01:46 PM
This Team name just kinda popped in my mind today. Thought it was cute. Question directed to breeno and headmonster. Shoot me some real world figures on the costs over an endurance week end. pondering the idea of doing some endurancing next year. entry fees, gas, tires and whatever I'm leaving out. I'm sticking to TEAM MOJO though. Thanx guys.

Headman
December 6th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Tires $330
Gas $ 25
Entry fees $180 (depends on length of race though.)
These are what you need to get on the track and race-the "fixed costs" so-to-speak. The variable costs are hotel, gas to and from the track, tent for your endurance pit, a whole ****load of spares for "crash carter", food, drinks to keep hydrated, and whatever else you can probably come up with.

So, each race weekend will cost a minum of $550, and just goes up from there. Divide that by 3,4, or 5 racers and it's a helluva deal on a per lap basis, compared to sprint racing.

Hope that helps.
-Chris

Brett
December 6th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Don't forget the cost of your racing license. Only a once a year fee, but it's still right around $100.

Also don't forget basic maintenance on your race bike. Oil/filter each weekend. Chain/sprockets, coolant (very important, trust me on this one), brake pads, brake fluid occasionally.

Once you get set for the season (build up your spares bin, get your bike in order, stock up on speed tape and zip ties) it's not too bad as long as you stay off the ground.

From my limited experience 3 guys on a team is just about perfect (well, 3 guys at a race really). Expenses split 3 ways and you still get a decent amount of track time. 2 people gets real expensive but 4 people starts to become diminishing returns on your investment.

Good luck, see you out there next year!