PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Braided Lines IN THE REAR

ZRX_Doug
December 22nd, 2001, 06:33 PM
I figured the title would get ya'll in. I installed my lines from Kiernan Racing on my TLS and joy of joys it really really improved it. I had put EBC HH Sintered pads front and rear, but it did not prepare me for the huge increase in feel and power I got from the lines. The rear of course will still lock up when off of the ground, but hey they match now!

Also, since it was nice, I installed a Renthal 16 tooth front sprocket (stock is 17 on a TLS, 38 rear). Really what the TL1000S needed. Makes it much easier to start off the line without killing it. Makes 5th and 6th useful under 80 mph and really picks up the wheelie game in the mid third gear area, all in all the best $18.00 I have spent on my TL.

:cool:

dennis w redinger
December 26th, 2001, 08:52 AM
That braided rear line may keep you from flipping over backwards one of these days!

ZRX_Doug
December 28th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Nuclear ZX-9's don't wheelie do they?

dennis w redinger
December 29th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Are we being nasty now?? No, my ZX-9 doesn't wheelie, but it does seem to get around a track faster than your TL. :D Wait, that sounded like I was knocking on your bike (not true), I ment it to sound like I was giving YOU sh*#!

Dennis

ZRX_Doug
December 29th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Oh Yeah! Well, I've got braided lines in the rear! Also I did a really nice wheelie down Neri road, you would truly have been impressed. You know that long straight with the hump in the middle? Whellied it almost corner to corner, hit the rev limiter. I am bad, I need to learn restraint...no...We need a long ride or a track day.

You know a Nuclear 9 could wheelie, and a TL can do stoppies. Who knew.

bvia
December 29th, 2001, 12:14 PM
...and my little 'ole SV can take you both on the track with stock exhaust and OEM rubber brakelines...not with me on board mind you...;)>
bill

ZRX_Doug
December 29th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Well........I don't suck as bad as I used to and with a skilled professional twisting things I am sure a YSR50 could kick my ***. But I bet he wouldn't be having more fun.

Gotta Love it.... :D

bvia
December 30th, 2001, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Basinger:
Well........I don't suck as bad as I used to and with a skilled professional twisting things I am sure a YSR50 could kick my ***. But I bet he wouldn't be having more fun.

Gotta Love it.... :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All depends. If the YSR rider get's his kicks off beating the pants off liter bikes with matching front & rear braided brakelines, HE'S having the most fun...;)&gt;

It's all about what you're into. Throwing money into matching braided brakelines or throwing your Garmin GPS unit into the Oklahoma countryside while pulling a wheelie on your 'Busa...Us squids are all the same...;)&gt;
bill

ZRX_Doug
December 30th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Well said Brother Bill, you the man.