PDA

View Full Version : NewComers Ride for upcoming SMR?

RideRed
December 27th, 2001, 01:30 PM
All SMR attendees this Sunday:

Thinkin' we should try a new ride idea and route this Sunday? I got a hankerin' for some riding someplace new, and at less than light speed with the December cold now here (and hard to heat tires). Seen Whitewright and cemeteries enough? I personally don't think it's required that we haul *** the whole ride to have fun.

Since this week's SMR (12-30-01) is sure to be cold, maybe it's a good excuse to do an "initiation ride" for new members or guests that we've been talking about in another thread.

Maybe a ride out to the Texas Motorspeedway, then down to Dallas for lunch downtown?

Hit me with your best ideas for a route....

el Prez

Hood Ornament
December 27th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Tam wants to know if he can bring his new X-mas ride out for the newbie run???

http://my.en.com/~roach/teambigwheel.jpg

Weave
December 27th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Snow/sleet forecasted for Sunday. Who's up for some ice racin'? I'm putting wood screws in my tires tonight!

Hmmm, a moderately paced SMR. Trying to visualize...hey, look! Trees! And cows! And who's that hottie on the front porch...now I'm visualizing locking up the breaks and looking for a soft place to land! (That one's for you, Faisal!)

Anyway, a newbie ride sounds great, especially if it's to parts unknown. Gives us a chance to spec out the course. This weekend looks bleak, but perhaps sometime in January?

RideRed
December 27th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Weave,

What weather channel are you gettin' your facts from? www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com) and Excite both say partly cloudy with lows around 38, and high near 50 for Sunday. No sleet or rain.

I'm up for a Artic Dash if it stays this way.
Anyone else?

Brian

F1
December 27th, 2001, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Weave:
And who's that hottie on the front porch...now I'm visualizing locking up the breaks and looking for a soft place to land! (That one's for you, Faisal!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weave,

She really was a hottie and turned to look at me/us, reason enough to give her a smile and yikes, try to make the corner too! desperate mid corner trail braking saved my skin!

Brian (el pres),

Good idea, plenty of thrills n cop encounters for Dec already!

Faisal GSX-R1000

:cool:

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Faisal ]

bvia
December 27th, 2001, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Faisal:

Faisal GSX-R1000

:cool:

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Faisal ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me THIS is a typo!
bill

DaJacker
December 27th, 2001, 05:30 PM
The Quacker is still down for a clutch, supose to be on its way

F1
December 27th, 2001, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bill via:

tell me THIS is a typo!
bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No typos there Bill. Was really torn between the red or the blue bike issue, got the blue one but still like the red!

Faisal GSX-R1000

bvia
December 27th, 2001, 07:24 PM

No typos there Bill. Was really torn between the red or the blue bike issue, got the blue one but still like the red!

Faisal GSX-R1000<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought a felt a disturbance in The Force...Congrats!
bill

Hood Ornament
December 27th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Sweet!!! Faisal has come over to the dark side

http://dmaul.8m.com/pic11.jpg

Dave Whitson
December 27th, 2001, 09:09 PM
WOW!!! :eek: :eek: A Gixxer 1000? Congratulations Faisal!! smile.gif

I figured you were just "fantasy shopping" like all of us do, but you actually got a new bike.......you bastard!

Man, I can't wait till you let me ride it :D

Congats Again Buddy :D :D
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_02/supersport/images/bp_gsx1000_blue.jpg

Oh Yeah, The SMR.
If it's not REAL cold, I'll be there.

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: fzr Dave ]

yellowducati900ss
December 27th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Su-weet Faisal! Congrats!

Maybe you will be able to ride fast enough to pull away from us Ducati's so we don't have to get barraged by rocks! :D

F1
December 27th, 2001, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys, I rode it for ~40 miles and need a new back and knees already!

Faisal GSX-R1000

DaJacker
December 27th, 2001, 09:51 PM
GOOD! dont want you having TO MUCH FUN!!! :D

bvia
December 27th, 2001, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys, I rode it for ~40 miles and need a new back and knees already!

Yeah, we suzuki riders just make it LOOK easy. Riding a true sportbike will take it outta' ya..;)&gt;
bill
p.s. hmmm...40 miles. So i've got 560 more miles to be in front of you before it's broken in and all hell breaks loose!

Weave
December 28th, 2001, 08:30 AM
That's all we need: Faisal on a 1000. How does it handle through the turns compared to the 6R? Speaking of, did you trade the Kawi, or sell it to some unsuspecting teenager?

You boys have fun on Sunday. I'm heading to Arenacross on Saturday evening, and probably won't be in riding condition by the AM. Plus I don't ride well in sub-40 degree temps. (Okay, so I don't ride well, regardless of temperature!)

Hood Ornament
December 28th, 2001, 10:15 AM
I'm heading to Arenacross on Saturday evening, and probably won't be in riding condition by the AM. Plus I don't ride well in sub-40 degree temps. (Okay, so I don't ride well, regardless of temperature!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meow!!!!

http://www.defendersofanimals.org/cat.jpg

RideRed
December 28th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Albert,

With that reply, I assume we'll see you at Einsteins on the Busa this Sunday for the ride?

How's your big Zook in the cold? You got a Widder electric pigtail for a vest like Geek?

Bri

Sunny
December 28th, 2001, 12:21 PM

Goddaammm. That must have been an impulse buy, right? :D :D (Just like the 1st one). I've decided to wait out the winter :( (meeeaaaoow) and its either literbike+street or cresson+racebike. Maybe make Bill happy and get an SV for the track.

F1
December 28th, 2001, 01:11 PM
That's all we need: Faisal on a 1000. How does it handle through the turns compared to the 6R? Speaking of, did you trade the Kawi, or sell it to some unsuspecting teenager?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Traded the ZX-6R. Didnt ride the gixxer enough to get a real feel but all I know is that its more stable on bumpy corners, suspension is harrd (maybe it will soften up a lil) compared to the kawi and power is incredible (pulls same in top gear as the 6R would in 3rd).

Faisal GSX-R1000

F1
December 28th, 2001, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sunny Balram:

Goddaammm. That must have been an impulse buy, right? :D :D (Just like the 1st one). I've decided to wait out the winter :( (meeeaaaoow) and its either literbike+street or cresson+racebike. Maybe make Bill happy and get an SV for the track.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was somewhat impulsive, went to see the dealer during lunch (for the wobble problem) and ended up making a deal! Hopefully I will get used to the tighter ergos!

Faisal GSX-R1000

Hood Ornament
December 28th, 2001, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBRian Whalen:
Albert,

With that reply, I assume we'll see you at Einsteins on the Busa this Sunday for the ride?

How's your big Zook in the cold? You got a Widder electric pigtail for a vest like Geek?

Bri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if I'll wake up in time for the SMR, since I'll be RIDING to the arenacross the night before. Of course my Busa's wired for heat, I'm not stupid, it's a hell of a lot better investment then steel braided rear brake lines. :D

F1
December 28th, 2001, 09:43 PM
What is arena cross? seems like everyone is headed out that way (what time n place is the departure).

Faisal GSX-R1000

ZRX_Doug
December 28th, 2001, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Of course my Busa's wired for heat, I'm not stupid, it's a hell of a lot better investment then steel braided rear brake lines. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah? But do your rear braided lines match your fronts? I think not. Of course on a busa you can afford to waste a few kilowatts staying warm....

Man, once you let people know you bought rear brake lines they act like you are dumb enough to walk in front of cars or something........

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Doug Basinger ]

bjhughes
December 29th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Doug:

Just to make you feel a bit better...if I was putting braided lines on my 929, I'd do front & rear at the same time too. Whether necessary or not, it's just the way I am.

Hood Ornament
December 30th, 2001, 03:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Basinger:

Oh yeah? But do your rear braided lines match your fronts? I think not. Of course on a busa you can afford to waste a few kilowatts staying warm....

Man, once you let people know you bought rear brake lines they act like you are dumb enough to walk in front of cars or something........

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Doug Basinger ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, my lines don't match. Got kevlar up front, stock on back. Guess I lose poser points there, but ****, do I stay warm. :D

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Hood Ornament- Albert to the tardos ]