View Full Version : Glove Love

windsor
December 16th, 2004, 12:07 PM
How many of your dyslexic pervs thought I meant "love glove"? smile.gif

So here's the question:

Which glove do you put on first?

Geek
December 16th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Hmmm... never thought about it before but I always put my right glove on first.

I wonder why?

929er
December 16th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Same as which wrist I wear a watch, when I do. Right, because I'm left-handed.

DawnC
December 16th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Right... because I am right handed it is easier for me to manipulate things with gloved right hand than gloved left. So, right hand in glove first so I have the dexterity to actually put the left glove on securely.

If I do left glove first, I am all clumsy trying to get the right glove on. Hmmm, way too much thought for such a simple process.

Tim Thompson
December 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM
My left hand is dumb, can't do anything by itself except clutch. It would never be able to put a glove on the right hand if IT were wearing a glove. ;)

[ December 16, 2004, 14:43: Message edited by: Tim Thompson ]

Vee4Rider
December 16th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I'm left-handed, but I usually put on whichever glove I grab first. ;)

Taking off my gloves is random also. Depends which pants or jacket pocket I need to get into.... :cool:

JamesAC
December 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I'm right handed but put my left on first. I've never thought about it before. Seems like I would do what Tim said naturally, maybe I'll give it a try HAHA>

Geek
December 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DawnC:
Right... because I am right handed it is easier for me to manipulate things with gloved right hand than gloved left. So, right hand in glove first so I have the dexterity to actually put the left glove on securely. That doesn't make sense.. I'm a Lefty and I put my right glove on first so my left hand is still free to do stuff smile.gif :D tongue.gif

Maybe its an aerostitch thing? Everything on an aerostitch is designed to be manipulated with your left hand. So if I stop and have to pull a glove off I always pull the left and leave my right gloved...

HMmmmmm

[ December 16, 2004, 15:11: Message edited by: Geek ]

Tony L
December 16th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I try to keep things even between the hands to calm the natural rivalry, but when I'm at home I put the left one on first. That way I can still fit my hand through the wall and garage door button to close it on my way out.

windsor
December 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Geek:
Hmmm... never thought about it before but I always put my right glove on first.

I wonder why? Well, you can think it through, but it would sound a lot like the Sicilian in The Princess Bride (before he keeled over and died, I might add)...

or you can accept it as "Because that's the way you've always done it."

JamesAC
December 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Geek:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DawnC:
Right... because I am right handed it is easier for me to manipulate things with gloved right hand than gloved left. So, right hand in glove first so I have the dexterity to actually put the left glove on securely. That doesn't make sense.. I'm a Lefty and I put my right glove on first so my left hand is still free to do stuff smile.gif :D tongue.gif

Maybe its an aerostitch thing? Everything on an aerostitch is designed to be manipulated with your left hand. So if I stop and have to pull a glove off I always pull the left and leave my right gloved...

HMmmmmm </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you have to take a glove off to do anything in the stich? I guess I keep them on for everything, wallet for gas, credit card in jkt and map in thigh, umm, etc. I don't listen to music..that's prob what you're doing?

929er
December 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Well...with me....With the exception of my wallet in my right breast pocket and gas card in my right sleeve, reaching in the other pockets blindly needs that tactile feel you can only get with a naked hand.

What I love best is taking off riding and realizing I didn't fastened my helmet strap. So...Big Bend was easy...lock Throttle Master, fumble with strap and snap all with gloves on. :D

[ December 16, 2004, 16:48: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

Kenny M
December 17th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I always put the left one on first and take it off last.