PDA

View Full Version : It's Alive!

yellowducati900ss
December 22nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
Yes, the venerable Yellow Duc is back on the road after some major maintenance.

</font> Oil Change</font> Replaced Oil Filter</font> Replaced the fork oil</font> Replaced the Brake and Clutch fluids</font> Replaced the fuel filter</font> Cleaned the air filter (K&N)</font> Re-greased the steering head bearings</font> Lubed the rear suspension</font> Lubed the throttle and choke cables</font> Replaced the clutch and throw-out bearing</font> Checked the valves</font> Replaced the cam belts</font> Replaced the spark plugs</font> Lubed the sidestand and other pivots</font> Cleaned, adjusted, and lubed the chain</font> Topped off the battery</font> Replaced the grips</font> Installed Frame Sliders (ugly :( )</font> Set the idle (too high, oops)</font>
She's 8 years old, has 18,000 miles on her (pitiful, I know...), and has never stranded me. I figured she's due for some TLC.

Now all I have to do is clean it and sync the carbs and she will be as good as new! smile.gif

[ December 22, 2004, 10:36: Message edited by: yellowducati900ss ]

Tippytoes
December 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
congrats! Looks like I'll need to take a ride on the back.

Jen

ST4s
December 22nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Eggzellent. The two valvers are great motors, and are enjoying a renaissance right now. Sort of a mega-horsepower backlash.