PDA

View Full Version : non m/c - one tough jackass

Glenn Sparkman
December 22nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Looks real to me... I've seen donkeys with goat and sheep herds before supposedly for protection.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads4/Donkey+Tough1103510827.jpg

[ December 22, 2004, 12:11: Message edited by: SparkyBlue ]

Geek
December 22nd, 2004, 12:30 PM
Its real.. I've seen the photo sequence of it catching the wildcat.

I always had two donkey's on my horse ranch to keep the coyotes away from the baby horses and goats. They're WICKED mean when it comes to predators. They put their ears flat back on their heads start wailing (ever hear a donkey really scream? it's pretty friggin scarey) and they charge!

I had one charge my RC helicopter one time when I was doing low level aerobatics. Its a good thing I saw him coming or the blades would have likely decaptitated him. I climbed out just before he got to it and then dove through the fence in case he came after me. I then got the chopper back under control and flew it over the fence and landed safely smile.gif

[ December 22, 2004, 12:33: Message edited by: Geek ]

bjhughes
December 22nd, 2004, 02:05 PM
If anybody needs a few donkeys of their very own, let me know. I have a friend that raises them on his ranch out in Hico.

Loyed Hinkel
December 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
ONly thing worse than HUGE draft horses......are donkeys.... :mad:

DaJacker
December 22nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
And this one time, at band camp...............

Originally posted by Geek:

I had one charge my RC helicopter one time when I was doing low level aerobatics. Its a good thing I saw him coming or the blades would have likely decaptitated him. I climbed out just before he got to it and then dove through the fence in case he came after me. I then got the chopper back under control and flew it over the fence and landed safely smile.gif

[ December 22, 2004, 17:45: Message edited by: Da Jacker ]

Gerry
December 22nd, 2004, 06:09 PM
That looks like one pissed-off *****cat. But what happened when the donkey let go?

Glenn Sparkman
December 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Gerry:
That looks like one pissed-off *****cat. But what happened when the donkey let go? Story goes the donkey stomped the cat dead. Dead cat jokes anyone...

A little girl cried. Daddy, Daddy Fluffy is dead. Thatís OK dear. Fluffy has gone to Heaven to be with God... What would God want with a dead cat?

[ December 22, 2004, 19:50: Message edited by: SparkyBlue ]

DaJacker
December 22nd, 2004, 11:35 PM
BBQ?

Sunny
December 23rd, 2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by B.J. Hughes:
If anybody needs a few donkeys of their very own, let me know. We've got enough in the TSBA, thnx. :D

Sean Smith
December 23rd, 2004, 01:31 AM
My brother-in-law got some government donkeys. Aparently the gov. rounds up wild donkey's a sell them because they egt overpopulated. He bought a male a feamale to watch over his 100 head of Santa Gertrudis(sp)cattle? I think the donkeys were from Colorado.

windsor
December 23rd, 2004, 10:48 AM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_mule_mountain_lion6.htm

JamesAC
January 7th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by B.J. Hughes:
If anybody needs a few donkeys of their very own, let me know. I have a friend that raises them on his ranch out in Hico. Sorry to rehash this but we have a lot of coyotes in the area. We're looking at donkeys. It looks like Nigerian Goats for our ag exemption and they would be easy prey, especially considering the groups we've heard and the sizes we've seen.

Do you have an email or url for your friend BJ? Thanks!