PDA

View Full Version : GT4



Geek
December 27th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Official website is finally up

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97328/Site/

Dmpc_TT
December 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks Edward, is there anything close to GT4 for XBOX? Colin Mcrae?

Geek
December 27th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Project Gotham would be the closest but its not close. GT4 is in a league of its own.

Dmpc_TT
December 27th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Jr.'s got Gotham....I am going to try Colin Mcrae

Tony L
December 27th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Sega GT is the realism simulator for the Dreamcast/Xbox, built to compete with Gran Turismo.

Sega GT (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/segagt2002/review.html)

Project Gotham Racing is the old Metropolis Street Racer from Dreamcast in which you earn Kudos by sliding and is an Arcade style racer.

Project Gotham Racing (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/projectgothamracing2/review.html)

JohnT
December 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Looks like this will be out just in time. Right after I finish conquering Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Jus10
December 27th, 2004, 04:42 PM
(stands up)
Hi, my name is jus10 and I am a NFS Underground 2 addict. I received the game as a gift and have lost way too much sleep since. The drifting is lots of fun and the mods are cool!

(receives strange looks from support group and sits down)

cclemmer
December 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Everyone installed Playstation 2's on their bike's over Christmas??? :confused:

bvia
December 27th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Craig's:
Thanks Edward, is there anything close to GT4 for XBOX? Colin Mcrae? I'm not Geek, but the simple answer is no. You have Halo2...we have MotoGP3 and GT3/4...;)>

Bill

Greg Sampson
December 29th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I saw a preview for the game yesterday while at the Virgin Megastore* and the new graphics include a reactive driver! Looks pretty cool in motion and the scenery is getting even more crisp.

*I was highly disappointed with the Virgin Megastore's complete lack of young, attractive virgins. Instead, the whole store is nothing but CDs, DVDs and games. Granted, some of these may have included pictures or movies of virgins, but this just is not the same thing.

Geek
December 29th, 2004, 01:07 PM
I found out the same thing when I flew Virgin Airlines. At first I was worried I wouldn't be allowed on the plane ;)

[ December 29, 2004, 13:08: Message edited by: Geek ]

-=sean)=-
December 29th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Geek:
I found out the same thing when I flew Virgin Airlines. At first I was worried I wouldn't be allowed on the plane ;) The virgins get special discounts, especially when sitting on the pilot's lap. ;)

Jeff Hoeft
December 29th, 2004, 09:25 PM
This is the Xbox title that will compete with GT4. Forza Motorsports available Feb 1 2005. (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/forza/default.htm?level1=enusgames&level2=catalog&level3=forza)

Greg Sampson
December 30th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Strange how similar it is to GT4 but the graphics don't look as crisp to me. If the physics engine is as good as the GT series then they'll definately give them competition. The only thing I don't like about GT is that there is no damage, so no consequence for sloppy driving.

Tony L
December 30th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Greg Sampson:
The only thing I don't like about GT is that there is no damage, so no consequence for sloppy driving. Isn't that something to do with the licensing of the cars? ie. Ford doesn't want banged up cars on the screen. It is annoying. :(

Regarding your virgins, I think they smelt their own and hid from you.

bvia
December 31st, 2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Tony L:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Greg Sampson:
The only thing I don't like about GT is that there is no damage, so no consequence for sloppy driving. Isn't that something to do with the licensing of the cars? ie. Ford doesn't want banged up cars on the screen. It is annoying. :(

Regarding your virgins, I think they smelt their own and hid from you. </font>[/QUOTE]You got it. Licensing agreements with the non-Asian manufacturers disallow any vehicle damage...

Bill

bvia
December 31st, 2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Greg Sampson:
Strange how similar it is to GT4 but the graphics don't look as crisp to me. If the physics engine is as good as the GT series then they'll definately give them competition. The only thing I don't like about GT is that there is no damage, so no consequence for sloppy driving. You could simply adjust for damage by handicapping yourself. Hit the wall, have your S.O. slap you upside the head and fling the controller across the room. Etc...;)&gt;

Bill

Geek
December 31st, 2004, 08:54 AM
Oh come on.
For the game to be accurate, Ford has to let the Ford GT have its A-arms snap like a twig right?

It makes the $140K card uniquely Ford! smile.gif

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/20/autos-37905.htm

Hood Ornament
December 31st, 2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Geek:
Oh come on.
For the game to be accurate, Ford has to let the Ford GT have its A-arms snap like a twig right?

It makes the $140K card uniquely Ford! smile.gif

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0412/20/autos-37905.htm In that case, the BMW's should have to spend 50% of game time stuck in the shop. :D :D :D