PDA

View Full Version : Today's SMR

Geek
August 12th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Great ride Bill.

The "rain" was a mixed blessing. Considering we only had a few miles of damp roads it was a treat to have "cool temperatures" pretty well until lunch time!

Had fun.. Now time for a nap :meow: :D

bvia
August 12th, 2001, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geek:
Great ride Bill.

The "rain" was a mixed blessing. Considering we only had a few miles of damp roads it was a treat to have "cool temperatures" pretty well until lunch time!

Had fun.. Now time for a nap :meow: :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and thanks for taking the tail end...and the wheelie display!
bill

Headman
August 12th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Geek, I like you and all, but you're a frickin' ******* for riding and wheelie-ing with a broken arm such as yours. When **** doesn't heal right the first time, it never really is right for the rest of your life. Ask me how I know.

No Ironbutt points from me.

-Head

bvia
August 13th, 2001, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Headman:
Geek, I like you and all, but you're a frickin' ******* for riding and wheelie-ing with a broken arm such as yours.
-Head<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

****...your arm was broken Geek?...you didn't even have a cast on or anything..just that wrist brace...

p.s. Tell us what you really think, Head...

Geek
August 13th, 2001, 12:03 PM
It's just cracked.. but it's a good excuse for wheelies being ****ty ;)

Headly: Thanks for the love Dr. Mom. Personally I need to ride every day or I'll lose my sanity. I've no idea how you are living on the once/month race-rush.

Headman
August 13th, 2001, 12:35 PM
It's just because I care, and I wanna see you out at the track with us, bro. I admit, it's hard to stay off the bike and let things heal, but is pays in the end. I'm just one of those guys who will "take his lumps" so-to-speak and sit out until the injury heals to my satisfaction. That way, I will be back to 100% sooner than if I had tried to get back in the saddle too soon, ya' know?

Love ya' Geek
-Head

Hood Ornament
August 13th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Head seems to know what he's talking about. The last races at TWS he was on FIRE!!! No effect from his busted wrist that I could see.
Dude, cracked is still broken, and the stress you are putting on the bone is pretty significant. I'm probably not one to be preaching about healing up before riding, cause I jumped on a bike long before I should have after breaking my back. But, then I was off for almost 5 months. The fact is if your arm hurts like it was just the other night, then it's not healed and you could possibly be doing more damage to it. You should at least take it easy for a while. I'm not saying stop riding, just quit doing the squid stuff.

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Hood Ornament- Albert to the tardos ]

John Orchard
August 13th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Gotta agree with Head n' HO!

I'm not one to wait the entire time the doc told me to either, but that's why I liked the doc I had because he didn't give me ridiculous absolutes.

I did listen to what my leg was telling me as well as what the doc had to say. When it hurts, that's your arm telling you to knock it off!. The Doc put it to me like this with my leg last fall. He said it's like anything else - walking on it early won't necessarily break it, but the more you flex and stress a weak bone or anything else before it's healed, the weaker it becomes until it finally does break or at a minimum lengthens the healing time.

Made sense to me.

dayna
August 13th, 2001, 06:02 PM
tongue.gif

John Orchard
August 13th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Right ON - Welcome boxlover!!!! :D :D

dayna
August 13th, 2001, 06:08 PM
:D :D That's me....been here lurking...felt this one was worthy of posting to. :D

tam thai
August 13th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Boy you guys sound like my mom.
'Motorcycles are dangerous'
'You're gonna die on that thing'
'stop embarassing the family'
'Albert sucks'
'Stop touching yourself'
Blabla friggin' bla. :D

Keith Lane
August 14th, 2001, 02:07 PM
One more for the "take it easy till it's healed" crowd here..after surgery last year they said wait AT LEAST a week before riding again..and I had titanium staples in me too..so what'd I do? I waited from monday till friday and went riding, felt like they'd just done the surgery again for a couple days. Yes..I have some of the "Dumb a$$" tattoo still on my forehead from time to time..
And Tam..if ya haven't been hurt, or had internal organs removed..ya haven't been trying hard enough...got your 250 Rebel yet? tongue.gif tongue.gif

SIN
August 14th, 2001, 03:19 PM
Broken wrist or not it was a fun ride and the wheelies were not all that bad. smile.gif
Wish I could get off work more often on Sundays. :( Did the crash victims make it home ok?

Headman
August 14th, 2001, 05:12 PM
:eek: "Crash victims"??? Did I miss an SMR report or something? Qu'est-ce qui ce passe?

-Head

bvia
August 14th, 2001, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Headman:
:eek: "Crash victims"??? Did I miss an SMR report or something? Qu'est-ce qui ce passe?

-Head<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The YZRF did as did Captain Kawa...havent heard from the CBR1K thou...no ride report...

bvia
August 19th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Geek,
you got them pics from last week's SMR yet? Send to my e-mail, wouldja?
bill