PDA

View Full Version : Obituary - sad news

Geek
September 9th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Here is the official newspaper link:
http://www.dentonrc.com/obituaries/460903_DRC_Obits_09-02-2001.html

This is hard for me.. but I'm sad to share the news that a really good friend of mine, a past TSBA member that some of you knew, was killed in a hit and run accident in Lewisville last Tuesday - I think he may have been in his car but I'm not certain.

You may remember Dennis Haynes from the Blue Goose. He rode a 1978 Honda CB550 down from Denton (though I don't think he'd been to the Goose recently), he used to be there every Tuesay; even if I had to go back and get him with a tow rope after he broke down on the way there (happened twice).

When trying to find a photo of Dennis that would jog your memory, I came across this one that became kind of "TSBA famous" at our first Cresson track day. He was about to be passed by Albie on his R1 - but for all purposes in the photo it looked like Dennis' little CB was spankin' that R1; and Albie took a good ribbing over it. I know Dennis was mighty proud of this photo because he was able to get 100% out of that bike - and I know he really enjoyed it when he'd hear things like "did you see that guy hauling *** out there passing sportbikes on that old Honda?". He was just like the rest of us... through and through.

http://rconline.com/dennisleader.jpg

Dennis was my age. I've known him for seven years. Over the years we played computer games together; we raced RC Cars together on at least 50 occasions; I tought him to fly an RC airplane (he wanted to some day move to helicopters); we played league paintball together for two full seasons; we'd gotten drunk and puked together on several occassions; we spent countless evenings practicing our riding skills in parking lots working on dragging bike parts; and most memorably we rode a lot of miles together.

I can't count the number of times we got together early one morning and headed off to find out where the road would take us or in search of the perfect corner. Many of the wheelie photos, etc on my personal website were taken by Dennis - he had an eye for photography and art.

All great memories; I cannot think of a single bad time when it comes to Dennis. Not one.

I miss you Dennis.
Edward.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Geek ]

Dave Whitson
September 9th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Man, that sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's always painful to lose a friend. Especially a close one. :(

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Rest in peace Dennis

SIN
September 9th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Oh, that is sad news. :(
I knew Dennis and he was a cool guy. We first met in Denton, while I was going to college at UNT. We would cruise around town every once in awhile to pass time between classes. He was a good rider and he will be missed.

CBRChris
September 14th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Must have been a good guy.
We have not been to the Bluegoose in a few
weeks and did not know him.
Sorry for the lose. :(

ZRX_Doug
September 15th, 2001, 08:13 PM
Hi All,

Sad news. I had the honor of watching Dennis ride up close at the first track day. I was the guy on the ZRX that he passed on the outside through Big Bend. I almost had him at the Rattlesnake, but he was the man. It was impressive to see him out there with the whole thing quivering and quaking. Quite a site to see....quite a guy.

Another pointless death....Sorry to hear it.......I really enjoyed his riding, I'll never forget.