PDA

View Full Version : Ride Report Sunday 1/16

David_VMI91
January 16th, 2005, 05:30 PM
People started meeting up at 10:30am this morning at The Secret Plano location as scheduled. I was late, by the time I got there we had 7 people: Fasil, Lee, Carl, Gerry, HearseBoy, Greg, and myself. I had to make a run to CycleGear for a balaklava since I could not find mine. When I returned we were a man down, Lee decided discrection was the better part of freezing.

6 bikes departed about 11:15am, Fasil leading and I was sweeping. We had a great ride up thru Bohnam to Whitewright. We had lunch in Whitewright and headed home. We covered about 250 miles and the only causualty was myy ZG windscreen. It caught a rock off the back of one of those RC51s and that was it.

Great ride, thanks for Fasil and Greg for leading and Carl for sweeping. Some interesting observations:

I had the only bike under 998ccs
The Twins out numbered the inline 4s, 4 to 2
We had 3 RC51s, and all of them spit gravel
I do remember had to ride, I think
I have no idea how people ride without electric gear

David

Maxwell143
January 16th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I would have loved to join y'all...but my electric briefs are on backorder. I lived in the UK for over 6 yrs & have done more than my share of cold/wet/snow riding. Call me a wuss, but I decided against it today. Glad to hear the good turn out. Stay safe.

Gerry
January 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by David_VMI91:
Lee decided discrection was the better part of freezing.

I have no idea how people ride without electric gear
I don't know what the fuss is all about it wasn't that cold :D

And besides, frost bite isn't as bad as they say and no-one really needs all those fingers anyway!

As usual, great rideleading, sweeping, and filling in the bit in the middle.