PDA

View Full Version : Paint matching

Dave Whitson
September 18th, 2001, 10:12 PM
I just picked up a rear seat cowl on Ebay for the Fizzer, and I need to get it painted to match the bike and possibly get some airbrush work done on it.

Do you guys know of anywhere or anybody that can properly match my 1994 vintage Yamaha black metal flake paint, and spray my seat cover for a reasonable price?

Also, what kind of prep work should I do to it prior to painting?

Thanks in advance :D

Headman
September 19th, 2001, 07:10 AM
I would call our boy Mitchell at Airbrush Anything. His # at work is (972) 283-5930. He should be there in an hour or so.

-Chris

Mitch
September 19th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Hey dave, I can do it no problem. But the words (Match Paint) and (Cheep) don't usually go together. Call the dealer and ask them how much the paint is from the factory first. A pint is all you'll need. Labor will cost you $30/50 bucks. Usually it's cheeper to find one painted.
Mitch

Dave Whitson
September 20th, 2001, 09:30 PM
Hey Mitch,
I see what you mean about finding an already painted one cheaper. WOW :eek: It always amazes me how expensive motorcycle stuff is.
I called Yamaha and got forwarded to a company that sells exact matched paint for motorcycles. A 1/2 pint of 94 Yamaha metal flake is $45. :eek: plus another $10. for the thinner (or whatever it was) and $17. for the clear coat. Or, I can get a can of matched spray paint for $30. and the clear for $10.
I think I am going to be the cheap bastard that I am and get the spray can and do it myself. Besides, I'm pretty handy with a can of spray paint. My main concern was matching the paint. I didn't know you can get it that easy. Thanks Anyways smile.gif

If anybodys interested, here is the link:
Flanders Co. (http://www.flandersco.com)
1-800-423-4438

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: Dave W. ]