PDA

View Full Version : Bling, bling X-treme.

Tony L
January 21st, 2005, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure what I think. :confused:

http://www.askthedrunk.com/ZAMIRZ/2K5AutoShow/250Kwheels.jpg

sv-flyer
January 22nd, 2005, 12:13 AM
looks like a waste of server space to me

Tony L
January 22nd, 2005, 12:38 AM
And now, for an even bigger waste of server space.

You know the photographer/editor is good when they add starbursts. http://www.awrfrance.fr/default_zone/documents/awrexcorus.jpg

The wheel is based on the 18" AWR "Aquila" model, a single-piece lightweight alloy type with visible screwing and "full chrome" luxurious finishing touches. The visible screwing system consists of 19 screws made of 750/1000 or 18K solid gold - a total of 380 grams of gold per wheel - as well as the gem inlaid in each screw head, a 1-carat diamond, making a total of 19 diamond carats per wheel (mounted in a serticlos set, brilliant cut). Finally, it is interesting to note that it takes more than 100 hours to make each rim and that the production cycle for a full set of four rims is roughly 3 months. Naturally, the rims are delivered to the buyer with a certificate of authenticity for the gems and the famous hallmark featuring an eagle head for the gold screws. So what does it take to put one set of these ultimate Bling on your Phat ride? Try a cool million+ USD. Price at 210,000 Euro or $256,000 USD per rim, this is definitely designed for the rich and famous.

[ January 22, 2005, 00:42: Message edited by: Tony L ]

AmbeR1
January 22nd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Don't leave the car parked outside in New York with those wheels ;)

3rdMikeToTheLeft
January 22nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
wow.... 'real chome'!

I hate the fake stuff.... :D :rolleyes:

[ January 22, 2005, 08:19: Message edited by: Michael Freeman ]

bjhughes
January 22nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Hey, there's always people out there with more money than sense...I foresee a few sports heroes and rappers that will get down with a set of these on the Escalade or Navigator :D

Of course you would only have to sell a few sets to retire ;)

JohnT
January 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM
250 grand? For CUBIC ZIRCONIUM???

Am I missing something? Or does it come with your own personal fluffer?

Geek
January 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
They should call those the "Please Car Jack Me" wheels.

NathanH
January 22nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Or does it come with your own personal fluffer? Well, yes, sort of. Pull up at any strip club and make sure the...um...employees see it. Voila, your own personal fluffer(s).

This thread reminds me of the line from Blue Collar Comedy I watched the other night. The analogy was "disappear faster than a set of rims at a Puff Daddy concert" :D .