PDA

View Full Version : Shared experience with Piper Performance

JohnT
January 22nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
I would just like to share an experience I recently had with Piper Performance and Mr. Cliff Piper. Some of you know him, and have done some business with him in his short time here in the metroplex. But for those of you who haven't, I urge you to give him a try. He has an extensive background with both on and off road bikes, and a pretty extensive resume for racing.

I recently brought my track bike to him for a custom mapping. Well, after all was said and done, it wouldn't start at the track (unrelated to the work he had done). I brought it back to him to try and figure it out. He did some basic checks for me, as well as replaced the fuel soaked plugs. He did this, and only charged me for the plugs...(and it's not easy getting to the plugs on an F4i).

Anyone looking for an honest guy with alot of knowledge, check out Piper.

Piper Performance (http://www.piperperformance.com)

Sunshine Cowboy
January 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Cool glad to know that John. Where was he when you, Nathan, and me were freezing cold working on those hard to get plugs? LOL J/K

YZF Cathy
January 22nd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Yep, Johnny here has discovered what I already know. Piper can do what other shops and dealers can't. Need a new cylinder sleeved? Take it to Piper. Need a cylinder bored? Piper again. Suspension rebuilt? Yep, Piper. Dyno work? Piper. Power Commander re mapped, John? Piper.
Want a map for your Harley? What are ya doing with a Harley anyway? Oh well, no accounting for taste, Piper again.
They can do it all right there. I had Cliff machine a spacer for my R6 suspension the other day. I should have put it in there too, but I decided that taking it home and putting it in myself would only take a minute. It would have if I had the proper tools. Taking that shock off isn't quite as simple as I first thought. Oh well, after an hour or so of screwing with it I got it done.

I digress, Piper rocks!

[ January 23, 2005, 09:05: Message edited by: YZF Cathy ]

landman
January 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
John T...I agree. Found Cliff shortly after he moved here. Had him do Power Commander setup on Street RC, and the Race Tech setup work front and rear on Track RC. Does great work, very straight forward and honest.

Now if I can just find some more funds to have him do some magic on the dirt bike :D