PDA

View Full Version : Texas "Winter" Gloves

yellowducati900ss
October 23rd, 2001, 08:48 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for gloves to take on the "Cold" Texas Winters? I'm looking for some that will provide some protection from the cold as well as the pavement.

Thanks in advance.

Inlaw1
October 24th, 2001, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yellowducati900ssMike:
Anyone have any suggestions for gloves to take on the "Cold" Texas Winters?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I just use glove liners in the winter. Work great.

Geek
October 25th, 2001, 02:07 AM
Hi Mike

I second the glove liners - just watch what gloves you wear them under (if they are too tight they'll cut off circulation and you'll be colder instead).

.. if you look at electrics you have a couple of options. Heating the bars or getting heated gloves.

If you heat the bars (stick on elements are like $29) the key is to put an insulator under the element on the left bar so that the metal of the bar doesn't wick all of the heat away. I used Hockey tape on my old CBR for that back in '92. The throttle tube (usually plastic) insulates the right element.

Personally, not being spoiled with a K1200LT this winter, I chose to order a set of gerbings: heated jacket liner, pants liner and gloves that all "click together" under my aerostitch. Last winter I just used a widder eletric vest and the heated grips on the BMW. Since the GSXR has next to zero wind blockage I made sure the collar is very snug around my neck so that the wind can't scoop down.

...this is all for riding in 30's and below weather of course :nomeow: :D ...

ninjamike1
October 25th, 2001, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geek:
Hi Mike
Personally, not being spoiled with a K1200LT this winter, I chose to order a set of gerbings: heated jacket liner, pants liner and gloves that all "click together" under my aerostitch. Last winter I just used a widder eletric vest and the heated grips on the BMW.
:D ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you order your gerbins and widder vest from? http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/holiday/pumpkin.gif