PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Giddings

The Big Spank Daddy
August 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Depending on the weather, looks like I will be riding two-up to Giddings Saturday. Get my photo and head back. I have not determined a route or a departure time yet. If interested send me an email or post up.

Schreck
August 19th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Good luck, that town is a speed trap for motorist and the law doesn't give bikers much slack....Got a ticket there last year just stopping in to fill up....Not trying to make your topic non interesting for riders Chris, just be careful...Check out the Web for Giddings, Texas and you'll see the complaints about this town... ;)

Chatterbox
August 20th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Randy, Scott E. and Gary M. were through there last week after the HTH ride. They didn't have a problem.

Might help if you're not trying to break the sound barrier!! ;) tongue.gif

Besides, one of the Historical Markers is located here. A biker's gotta do what a biker's gotta do! :D

The Big Spank Daddy
August 21st, 2004, 06:40 AM
We're leaving the house at 8:00 and should be back by 1:00

Schreck
August 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Hope you wore that rain gear dude.... tongue.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
August 21st, 2004, 06:15 PM
Ride was pretty uneventful. No cops and no traffic. Weather was absolutely perfect this morning. We did not leave unti 9:00 and we were back home at 1:45.

We hit some rain half way between Sealy and Cat Springs for about 5 miles. We only got a little wet and it actually cooled things off pretty good.

My picture has been sent in to the proper authorities for credit. Check your email Hank.