PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 12-14-04 Giving at PO's

The Big Spank Daddy
December 7th, 2004, 09:13 PM
There has always been a box by the front door at PO's for donations. Every time I looked, it was empty. I always had good intentions to drop something off, but always managed to forget.

I myself feel very fortunate to have the friends, family, job, co-workers and good health. My friends and family are always bugging me about what I want for Christmas, birthday or anniversary. I always tell them I have all I want, Id rather see them get something for the kids, etc.

Well, this time I would like to see us give to the box at POs. I spoke to the management and got the details.

Angels Attic: Cypress Assistance Ministries
HuffmeiIster and Fluer-De-Leis

They have a 6 foot tall Bugs Bunny that they are raffling off on the 15th for $1 per ticket. Currently they need non-perishable goods and new unwrapped toys. The POs management told me that most donations this time of year in this area go to the Purple Heart or Salvation Army. All good charities and do great things for the community. However, the Cypress Assistance Ministries is trying to help those families that seem to fall through the cracks.

I personally have spoken to my co-workers who all plan on donating some can goods. I personally will be getting a toy, some food and a small cash donation.

I would truly like to see everyone bring something, regardless of how small you may think it is. Every little bit helps. If for some reason you can not make it I would be willing to collect whatever you may have and drop it off. POs will also take any cash donations and deliver it to the Cypress Assistance Ministries.

The Big Spank Daddy
December 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM
bump

Paul Sonderfan
December 12th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I'll be there. I'd like to see as many members be there as are able. In addition to helping those less fortunate, I'd like to toast the memory of Brett Hearn and celebrate his life.

Chatterbox
December 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
bump

StuartR
December 13th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I will be there in support of the Hearns.