PDA

View Full Version : lookin for Oxtar TCS EVO Ti boots in black..

Jake_GSXR_750
August 30th, 2004, 07:31 PM
anyone got any layin around ???

Pete
August 30th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Why do you want Oxtar's? :confused:

tankmonkey
August 30th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Why do you want Oxtar's? :confused: and what's wrong with wanting oxtars? :confused:

<scott strokes his oxtar evo ti's lovingly...>

Brian Montgomery
August 30th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Exactly, why? Have you tried them on? Walking barefoot on a loose shell road feels better than those boots feel. There are other boot makers out there that make far better boots for the price. AlpineStars and Sidi are the top choices for a reason.

tankmonkey
August 30th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Walking barefoot on a loose shell road feels better than those boots feel. geez, I never realized brian was such a drama queen... tongue.gif

I would agree that the sidi vertebra race is a better overall boot than the evo ti, but it should be considering the difference in price (about $100 online).

fwiw, the last alpinestars I owned (gp stars) were crap compared to the evo ti in terms of comfort, protection and durability. because of that, I generally take alpinestar proselytizing with with a grain of salt. :D

I dunno, though. I've had my evo ti's for about a year now and, aside from some squeaks in the ankle joints, they've been great. I got mine for $220 (they were on sale - I think they are normally $235 or so) at newenough.com (and I can't say enough good things about newenough's great customer service).

[ August 31, 2004, 00:00: Message edited by: Scott Martin ]

Sean Smith
August 30th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Proselytizing...nice.

Schreck
August 31st, 2004, 12:11 AM
Can I recommend a pair of what ever you want? :D

tankmonkey
August 31st, 2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Sean Smith:
Proselytizing...nice. I like to try for extra credit whenever possible...

Pete
August 31st, 2004, 10:16 AM
Scott you got Oxtars! Thats too funny. I personally don't like the fit of the Alpinstars (I've got narrow feet) but alot of people use them. I've also had a pair of Teknic which were nice but don't come near to the protection that the Sidi's offer. The good thing about getting a popular brand like Alpinestars and Sidi is that you know they can hold up to a crash and you can get replacement parts easily.

David Santiago
September 4th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Ok, not proud to say this or remind anyone who knows. But I've crashed twice in the same pair of Oxtar boots that I still wear and they have held up great. It's the only pair of boots I own and I've had them for two years. And they are actually still in great condition.