PDA

View Full Version : We lost one of our own today

Paul Sonderfan
December 12th, 2004, 04:53 PM
I never thought I would have to post anything like this and I never want to again,
What started as an early, cold, fun, SMR, turned tragic at 10:00 this morning. While attempting to negotiate a 30 MPH(posted) right hander on 3090, just north of Navasota, Brett Hearn lost control, crossed the centerline and slid under an oncoming SUV. He died instantly. His brother Brad was behind him when it happened.
Brett was a single parent having lost his wife 6 years ago. He leaves behind 2 boys.
My sincerest condolences to his family.
RIP Brett.

--------------------
'04 ZX-10R
SV 650 race bike(Finally!!)

[ December 12, 2004, 16:54: Message edited by: Paul Sonderfan ]

Brian Montgomery
December 12th, 2004, 08:05 PM
RIP buddy...
We love ya.

[ December 12, 2004, 20:19: Message edited by: Brian Montgomery ]

Doyle Gregory
December 13th, 2004, 08:59 AM
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm new to the TSBA so I didn't get a chance to meet Brett but I'm really sorry to see this happen to a fellow bike. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Doyle

Paul Sonderfan
December 13th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I got this email today. I am planning on attending.

Paul,
I got this for Brett's brother Bruce. I've posted it on the ZRXOA board.

"A viewing will be held Wednesday at Forest Park East cemetary just north of League City, Texas. It is on the feeder to I-45 southbound. Hours will be from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. You'll need to exit at Nassau Bay/ NASA 1 heading south.

The service will be held at Abundant Life Church at 3:00 PM Thursday. Burial will follow the service at Forest Park East. No time specified but I'm sure it will be before dark.

Once again, I'm overwhelmed by everyone's outpouring of condolences and well wishes. If any of you wish to attend, you're welcome. Brad, Ann and I do not mind riders. I won't speak for my parents but it's really not up to them. Y'all are entitled to show your grief and solidarity as you wish. I would. " (I had asked Bruce if the family would be offended if we attended on our bikes)

Addresses: Forest Park East
21620 Gulf Frwy
League City, Tx. 77598

Abundant Life Church
14045 Space Center Blvd.

brianstephenson
December 14th, 2004, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Sonderfan:
[QB] (I had asked Bruce if the family would be offended if we attended on our bikes) QUOTE]

I hope that many of you can attend. I suggest that showing up on bikes might be veiwed as inappropriate/insensitive by some, therefore please drive if at all possible. Thanks.

AaronEustace
December 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Brian S:
I suggest that showing up on bikes might be veiwed as inappropriate/insensitive by some, therefore please drive if at all possible. Thanks. I agree! We aren't the 'Chingalings' here. If you have no other means of trans fine but lets not add to the family's grief.