PDA

View Full Version : PO's/ Brett Hearn rememberance- Please post here

VFRacer-R
December 12th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I spoke with Paul today regarding doing something in memory of Brett.

Chris had an excellent idea of donating to the box at PO's, and we (Paul and I) second that idea, as well as having all of us (Houston Chapter, but all are invited) get together for a couple of hours this Tuesday night.

In addition to this, I would like to see us purchase (with Chapter funds) something for Brett's boys.

I encourage everyone to include Brett and his family in your own way of Worship as well.

Please post if you intend on coming to this, let's have a good showing.

[ December 13, 2004, 15:38: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

brianstephenson
December 12th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Great idea Tom. Brad Hearn is my brother-in-law. I'll be glad to facilitate this effort in anyway that I can.

I probably won't be able to make it to PO's this Tuesday, but will try.

[ December 13, 2004, 08:24: Message edited by: Brian S ]

VFRacer-R
December 12th, 2004, 08:15 PM
My thoughts are toward the boys for Christmas, I am sure that membership would approve an expenditure for them.

I propose the Chapter start off with $100, and allow membership to add to that with their personal funds. Maybe for a bond or something for the future?

brianstephenson
December 13th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Brett was truly a free spirit with a great zest for living life to the fullest. I propose something memorable - a keepsake like a nicely framed, enlarged photo of him with them or of Brett enjoying life in some way. I can probably get something of this nature via my sister. Just let me know. By the way, Brett almost died a few years in a very difficult fight with hepatitis. I will also be looking into creating a Pay Pal or similar account for donations for his boys. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

[ December 13, 2004, 21:23: Message edited by: Brian S ]

Scotty
December 13th, 2004, 09:34 PM
It's very disturbing to hear this happen to a club member . I feel for his family,and the guys who were on the ride. That would be the toughest ride home... ever. Brett will be missed by all.

Brian Montgomery
December 14th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Brandy and I are going to try and attend but due to other commitments, we will be in the cage.

Chatterbox
December 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Chris and I will be there - caging it, too.

VFRacer-R
December 14th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Just got called in to work
I will be there in thought! :mad:

WFO
December 14th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I want to thank ya'll for all of your kind words. It means alot to me coming from a bunch of people he loved and respected.
Brett's last activity on earth was doing somthing he loved.
His last moments in life were in his loved one's arms in on a spectacular Fall day on a beautiful country road. I looked up from his body and noticed the gentle autumn breezes tugging at the Fall foliage in the nearby trees sending a soft shower of leafy tears onto Brett's body as if mourning his passing. He will be dearly missed.

That was the worst day of my life but I could'nt stop thinking of his two boys. Brett was a single dad. The boys' mother passed away several years ago. He loved them more than anything.
If you would like to help them, a fund raiser is being organizedat PO's. I tried to set up a paypal link. I don't know if it works. Paypal donations to "bshearn@houston.rr.com". I Also opened an account at Washington Mutual #334-6304904.

Donations can be mailed to:
Brad Hearn trustee
11531 Lakewood Place
Houston TX 77070

paypal (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">)

I would love to attend and celebrate his life with ya'll but may not be able to, depending on my families needs.

I especially want to thank my riding companions:

Brian ; you were there for me. The ride home was the longest of my life. Thanks for the companionship. Your my brother also.
Paul ; your a prince. 5 stars are'nt near enough to rate you. Thanks for all you did for me.
Volker ; No one could ask for a better riding buddy. I hope Brett heard your words of encouragement in his final moments.
Nick & Claus ; Sorry our first meeting concluded in such a way. You are stand-up guys.

Memorial arrangements are posted on other threads.
My parents invite every one who wishes, to come pay their respects, on any mode of transportation they choose. I shared with them all of the kind words that have been written on the TSBA and the ZRX BBS. We all think that riding to the service would be a touching gesture and a show of solidarity.

Thanks,

Brad Hearn

[ December 15, 2004, 18:01: Message edited by: Brad Hearn ]

Pete
December 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM
What time is everyone meeting up at PO's?

Chatterbox
December 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Chris and I get there between 6:45 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. They close the kitchen at 8:00 p.m.

Chatterbox
December 15th, 2004, 07:32 AM
It was a pretty nice turnout. I'll try not to forget anyone, but here's who I remember being there:

Brian Montgomery
Brandy Leatherman
Pete Strezo
Jim Trimm
Linda Tupper
Stuart Robles
Charles Nevle
Volker
Idas (hope that's right)
Paul Sonderfan
Gary Maxwell
Dodi Maxwell
Chris Donnelly
Cindy Donnelly
Lainie Donnelly
Jake (_GSXR_1000)
Ron Jenson (Two Wheeled Texans)
Paul Massie (Two Wheeled Texans)

Along with remembering Brett, lots of non-perishable food and toys were donated by the individuals in our group. Charles, what you gave was wonderful - above and beyond anyone's hopes!

[ December 15, 2004, 07:34: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

Brian Montgomery
December 16th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Here are some pictures from the event. It was nice to get to talk to people about Brett. I had a good time.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/IMG_2004.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/IMG_2005.JPG http://home.earthlink.net/~bdmpastx/IMG_2006.JPG

brianstephenson
December 16th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks a lot Cindy - Paul S. said that you were responsible for the framed photos of Brett and the memory book. These very thoughtful and loving prepared items were very well received.

[ December 16, 2004, 13:23: Message edited by: Brian S ]