PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Paul Sonderdorf

rtbain
September 6th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Dearest Paul,

I invite you (at your cost) to the track day at TWS on 18 September. If you take the riderís school, at the end of the day there is a mock race. With the wave of a green and then a checkered flag we could settle all sorts of questions.

I would consider it a high honor to be shown the fast line around the circuit by someone with your skills.

I have come to know you as a man of quick wit, athletic stature, a brain easily equal to that of a small squirrel and testicles the size of, well, we know who is going skydiving and who will be sitting on the ground. At least someone in the family has a set.

After all, how much competition could an old fat guy on a ten year old dirt bike be?

Respectfully,

Randy

VFRacer-R
September 6th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Be careful, Paul may soon have a "secret" weapon! ;)

Are you bringing your BMW, or did you get the 'ol racer out of mothballs?

Did you find some leathers you like?

I may see you there, maybe.

The Big Spank Daddy
September 6th, 2004, 03:03 PM
What did Paul say thet GS stands for? Oh yea, GO SLOW :D

Warren White
September 7th, 2004, 06:43 AM
I'll be sure and look you up out there Randy, I'll be working morning and riding the afternoon.

Paul Sonderfan
September 7th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:

After all, how much competition could an old fat guy on a ten year old dirt bike be?

This is precisely why I should distance myself from this no-win situation like a Fenchman running from a German with a bar of soap!

rtbain
September 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
I found leathers. They are size FH. Fxxxing Huge.

The GS is prepped with street rubber "Bottle Oxes" or something like that. Mirrors and plastic bits have been removed.

I also found a rather large dent in the fuel tank previously unnoticed. I think my little deer friend left a permanent mark. I also found some hair and dried something in nooks and crannies.

"Frenchman running" and all this time I thought Sonderfan was Scandinavian.

Meow! And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Oh well guess we'll have to wait to settle this question. I could always bring the Aprilla to even the odds a bit.

But really, at my probable skill level the type of bike won't matter much. My intent is to come back with no more dents than I arrived with.

You may beat me, but itís impossible to have more fun.

Of course it would be great fun having a go at Paul, but I guess his nationality and age preclude such an event.

**** shame too. He talked so big about a rematch after I passed him at the top of 16 while I was riding two up.

[ September 07, 2004, 12:13: Message edited by: Randy Bain ]

VFRacer-R
September 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:
I found leathers. They are size FH. Fxxxing Huge.

I guess you bought from the same place I did! Marietta Motorsports? 1888fastlap.com ? Did you get the "see you anywhere on the track green" like me too??? :D

The GS is prepped with street rubber "Bottle Oxes" or something like that. Mirrors and plastic bits have been removed.
Here is where you begin the long story, trying to 'splain why you aren't bringing your old racebike back to the track! :rolleyes:
When are we gonna start getting that thing out of mothballs anyway??? :eek: :D

rtbain
September 7th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I rented the leathers from TrackLeather. Wanted to see how bad I have the bug before going the custom leather route. VERY nice people.

The thumper may get resurrected, maybe not. If I like racing and can convince Susan Iíll probably point my efforts towards an SV for endurance racing or join you if the offer still stands after my TWS expedition.

My problem with that is my involvement would be very limited and spotty because of ongoing family stuff. Not fair at all to a team trying to win championship points.

I would probably start with a good used race bike and go from there. Should be fairly easy to find one during the off season.

All I really want to do is get some semi-fast seat time (for me) in a safe environment. The street is not the place (for me anyway) to do that. I know the mini-gp series is fun and real racing but I prefer bigger bikes. Probably because my fat *** wonít fit on one of those things. smile.gif