PDA

View Full Version : Oh Pete.....!!!!

Brian Montgomery
September 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Remember what I said about the 05 600rr?
Well it is getting inverted forks, and radial mounted calipers. It is on Honda's website...I think it is really looking good!
Honda 600RR Linky (http://powersports.honda.com/preview/05_prevCBR600RR.html)
http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2005/CBR600RR/LargeHoriz/CBR600RR_large_01.jpg

[ September 09, 2004, 08:00: Message edited by: Brian Montgomery ]

VFRacer-R
September 9th, 2004, 09:09 AM
What a great sequel to an already badass bike! I have to say, I think this 600rr is and will be the best middle weight made.

To see these things on the track, with little/no modifications, running with the liter bikes on the front straight! :eek: I don't mean just out there at the same time, going as fast as the liter bikes on the straights, killing in the curves. The liter bikes don't run too much faster lap times than the 600rr's do.

Wish I had money, I would sell the SV and race an RR 'fer sure!

-=sean)=-
September 9th, 2004, 09:48 AM
It's like a guy just told me at the Goose in Addison. You can learn to ride well in half the time on a 600 compared to a liter bike.

AaronEustace
September 9th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by -=sean)=-:
You can learn to ride well in half the time on a 600 compared to a liter bike. ...and even sooner on a well-prepped SV.

-=sean)=-
September 9th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Of course, I like challenges, so I'm learning slower on the gsxr1000. ;)

Brian Montgomery
September 9th, 2004, 11:41 AM
So I guess that is why you learned so much so fast on the YSR50 huh Sean? bwahahahaha...So are you running with me on the katy race? Pete will most likely be out due to his hand.

VFRacer-R
September 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
So I guess that is why you learned so much so fast on the YSR50 huh Sean? bwahahahaha...So are you running with me on the katy race? Pete will most likely be out due to his hand. Yo B! If you want a real challenge, let me race with you! There won't be a team out there with a handicap like that! :D

-=sean)=-
September 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
So I guess that is why you learned so much so fast on the YSR50 huh Sean? bwahahahaha...The 50 felt like trying to learn how to walk again! :eek:

So are you running with me on the katy race? Pete will most likely be out due to his hand. Definitely, so I'll be able to do the 12 hour. ;) It's only a 3 hour endurance.. I'll definitely be there to accept my yearend award, though. tongue.gif

-=sean)=-
September 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Yo B! If you want a real challenge, let me race with you! There won't be a team out there with a handicap like that! :D Yeah, 2 handicaps and watch Brian fly to make up time for the both of us. ;)

[ September 09, 2004, 15:38: Message edited by: -=sean)=- ]

Pete
September 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Doesn't look anything too special to me, then again I'm used to Honda touting a revised bike that ends up getting its butt kicked by the competition. Of course being an ex Honda guy, I had three in a row before the ZX6R, I wish they'd get back to dominating the class like they did with the Hurricane, F2, and F3. As of now my money is on the new ZX6R without hesitation but at this time of year everything is hype.

VFRacer-R
September 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Doesn't look anything too special to me, then again I'm used to Honda touting a revised bike that ends up getting its butt kicked by the competition. Of course being an ex Honda guy, I had three in a row before the ZX6R, I wish they'd get back to dominating the class like they did with the Hurricane, F2, and F3. As of now my money is on the new ZX6R without hesitation but at this time of year everything is hype. I don't see them getting their butts kicked in the amatuer level- or in AMA for that matter. Hasn't Jake and Miguel been dominating this year? At the CMRA races, Vinyl Edge uses a 600RR for a backup bike to the 954, and they run in the top 3 consistenly. Not seeing Kaw do much of anything in pro racing :rolleyes:

Besides, I think we all know that pro racing really doesn't translate to the street bikes anyway. The pro bikes are so much different than the bikes being sold in dealerships, they really only share names.

I personally love that 600RR, and the last years models too. Matter of fact, I need to stop reading this thread since that picture is the first thing I see! My Wife would definatly kick my *** if I bought one of those!

Pete
September 9th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Jake and Miguel have been dominating in Formula Extreme which only has like 15 entries a race and Honda the only factory entry in the series. They pulled out of Supersport because American Honda thought the stock bike would be overweight and uncompetitive and Formula Extreme lets you do alot more mods where supersport is pretty much stock bikes. Tommy and Roger Hayden are #1 and #2 in supersport points on factory Kawasakis so if thats not doing much I don'y know what is. LOL! Its been some great racing and theres a bunch of R6's waiting for one of them to make a mistake.

Like I said I've been a longtime Honda man but if it ends up being 20lbs heavier than the competition and coming in 3rd or 4th place in the mag comparos as in the last couple years I'll do what I did in 2000. :D But now everything is hype and there is a chance it could still end up in my garage.

VFRacer-R
September 9th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Tommy and Roger Hayden are #1 and #2 in supersport points on factory Kawasakis so if thats not doing much I don'y know what is. LOL! Yeah, good point, I guess I could counter that with "where is Kaw in X-treme?" :D

I think that Honda would kick *** in Supersport... we'll never know this year.

But when I see what these bikes do right in front of me (and blowing past me tongue.gif on the TWS straights), the guys like you and I racing them... I just say WOW sometimes. They are going almost as fast as the liter bikes, and smoking GSXR750s! Handling, of course, in club racing is just as comparable. They don't take corners any faster than the SVs for the most part- that's where the feild is pretty even- but I don't see any ZXs, SVs, or R6s for that matter, doing what the 600RRs are doing. High corner speed with near liter class straightaway speeds...

Dunno, maybe I am just watching for them more or something. The sound of those bikes are something else too. They seem to be the loudest, with a schrill sound... like no other bike sounds out there.

Maybe I should buy one... :D ;) :confused: :eek: