PDA

View Full Version : Don't read this if you don't want to read *****ing

VFRacer-R
September 13th, 2004, 12:24 PM
RANT ON:
I'm sick of 'stunnas. I'm sick of the people that think this is cool, and I'm sick of seeing these ingrates destroy perfectly good motorcycles BEFORE they even crash them (you should crash them like I do... on the track! tongue.gif )- on purpose! It makes me even more sick to see the idiots on the streets riding every day in the "'stunnas uniform" AKA wife beaters, baggy jeans, tennis shoes, some form of weightlifing gloves, and the optional helmet- really love the chrome peanut shell helmets.

#2:
I'm really, really, sick and tired of hearing all of the people on the TSBA BBS complain and make disparaging comments about police officers! :mad: Some of the dumb-asses that complain about the police bring this crap on themselves- strike that- almost ALL of them do.

The last part about the police is not something that regularly occurs on the Houston BBS, but it sure does in a couple of the others. It surfaces here and there in ours, but some others have become quite regular.

Regarding the stunter crowd- true enough that people are free to do as they please with their posessions, but this thing is spreading like a plague! It highlights almost everything that gives ANY motorcyclist a bad name!

I have almost no respect for people who are stunters, or think that it is a "sport". The only reason I have ANY respect for them AT ALL is because most of them are probably decent people that just don't make good decisions on motorcycles.

Rant off, flagrant abuse of bandwidth done.

Paul Sonderfan
September 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tommy, DUDE, might I suggest a little more fiber in your diet. smile.gif Just kidding; I'm also tired of people finding out what kind bike I ride and then asking if I'm one of the guys doing wheelies down the freeway. Nice image for the rest of us, huh? Is this the same thing as tarring all LEOs with the same brush?

CalamariKid
September 13th, 2004, 01:07 PM
So what do you make of this?

http://www6.indygov.org/ipd/specunit/drilteam/images/dtperf2.jpg

:D

AaronEustace
September 13th, 2004, 01:12 PM
From my not-so-scientific survey of sportbike riders (aka: what I see while driving the streets), I think those of us who use fair judgement with our gear and behavior are in a distinct minority...kinda like the few good, level-headed, fair-minded, non-sarcastic cops I've heard about :rolleyes: .

Schreck
September 13th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the free world of choice and making it worse for the good guys. Just not the same sports our parents were used to is it. Seems like as time goes by the sports get more insane and no-one doing anything to stop it. Laws use to forbid skate boards in local shopping areas but that's even a thing of the past. Theres plenty of money for lawyers and doctors to make off accidents. That's the bottom line and if we made laws to take away for stuntas they would have to apply to normal riders ect. That make sense, probly not but the system is more political than it seems. I thinks riders should show certificates for experience to ride up to certain CC's or larger bikes to ge quilified to purchase. Some countries already uses laws this way but the US always has to do it different. We'll never learn to get our **** together in this country. Help some! :D :D

Paul Sonderfan
September 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:

:D BAD COP; NO DOUGHNUT!!

VFRacer-R
September 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM
I don't want to create more laws. Big government is way out of my scope of ideas.

A cop stuntin', now that is funny! At least he is wearing the peanut shell helmet (not chrome though, -1).

[ September 13, 2004, 15:04: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

Schreck
September 13th, 2004, 02:05 PM
No helmet law in Texas, now who got that passed for Texans....Bunch of Harley weekend riders that are full time Doctors and Lawyers I wonder...? First time riders on Harleys that never wrecked think they'll never lay there bikes down...But when they do wreck they end up dead before the thought ever reaches there mind...(Maybe I sould have asked for a free helmet when I spent that 20 grand.) Example...Not intended to be against the Harley riders. :D

Warren White
September 13th, 2004, 02:18 PM
There actually is a helmet law in Texas, but you can be excluded if you take the MSF course or have enough medical insurance. Your supposed to get a sticker for $5 from the DPS once you show proof of one of the above.

VFRacer-R
September 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Paul Sonderfan:
Nice image for the rest of us, huh? Is this the same thing as tarring all LEOs with the same brush? Right on the LEO comment. I mean, I can understand dood, ya know?? :D

I've been pulled over MANY times, and I can't think of ONE time that I didn't deserve it. I can say that I didn't WANT to be pulled over, and I felt like it was unjustified... I am in control here, and I don't think my speed was excessive :rolleyes: .

I dunno. I still don't like hypocritical police (buddies of mine that used to ride sport bikes FAST, and now find enjoyment in writing/running down sportbikes). I have a friend who is really guilty of that. It seems when he sold his bike, he got even worse. I know they are out there (the police who enjoy that), I still think their time would be better spent patrolling and being a presence instead of being reactive, or wasting time worrying about speeders.

Regardless of how you feel about it, it is still wrong to call them "stupid" or "*******s" or whatever on the BBS, just because you are mad that you were caught. Focus your energy on the reason you were pulled over in the first place!

AaronEustace
September 13th, 2004, 03:41 PM
I guess you're right, cops are just nice gentle folk who could use a hug now and then. What really pisses me off are those 2-bit, lazy-arsed, good-fer-nuthin FIREMEN!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

VFRacer-R
September 13th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by wd40oz:
I guess you're right, cops are just nice gentle folk who could use a hug now and then. What really pisses me off are those 2-bit, lazy-arsed, good-fer-nuthin FIREMEN!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif Boy, now you're just lost like a ball in tall weeds...

tongue.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
September 13th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I readily admit that I have been pulled over and let go waaaaaaaaaaaay more times than I've gotten tickets. 99% of the time I definitely deserved a ticket.

As for stuntas, I have no use for them. They definitely get 90% of the attention yet only represent 1% of the biker population. I saw on the news just the other day a guy running from the cops. One of his tickets was for no DL! :eek:

I would like to see some sort of stepped licensing for bikes. But what's the point when these squids just drive without a DL?

tmtaz21
September 13th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Charles Nevle:

:D Charles, that is pretty funny :D

As for the stuff Tommy said is pretty right on. The comments about LEO's is getting old. The only officers I know that have or take the time to mess w/ bikes is DPS or when we are told to use strict enforcement because of the complaints we get from residents. One thing to keep in mind is that state law gives a LEO the right to stop ANY motorcycle to check for various things like the proper endorsement, inspection, registration, and if they are riding w/out a helment, to make sure they have the insurance and the sticker that is required.

As for LEO making money off of stops is just plain wrong. If that were the case you wouild see alot more officers stopping alot more people. The does get their cut from the fines paid, that is if there is any.
If you think you were pulled over for nothing and given a ticket, take it to court and fight it, but if you deserved the ticket because you were breaking the law then keep quiet pay your fine, take defensive driving if the judge will let you, or work out some other forms of punishment with the D.A. and/or judge.

As for the stunters, I think if they want to tear their bikes up thats their right, but do it in a parking lot or some other non traffic area. It is dangerous and reckless of them to do it on a public roadway in traffic. For some people it is hard enough for them to drive a striaght line on an open road in light traffic w/out crashing, let alone having some retard go wheeling passed them at mach 2 tongue.gif

my 2 cents worth

Pete
September 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Tom I found a new place for you to play: http://www.stuntlife.com/ I recommend the handle Ten-O-Clock-Tommy! :D

I can't really say I've seen alot of cop comments on the BBS except if a ride was good because we didn't run into any on duty??

VFRacer-R
September 13th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Tom I found a new place for you to play: http://www.stuntlife.com/ I recommend the handle Ten-O-Clock-Tommy! :D

True dat, yo. Gots ta give my props ta all my homies dat dint ware no gear, checkit. I was thinking "BusaKillerStunninBoy-T Dog" would cover it! tongue.gif

I can't really say I've seen alot of cop comments on the BBS except if a ride was good because we didn't run into any on duty?? Well, like I was saying, it seems to be more on the other chapters where it is more epidemic. I was surfing around today, and was just noticing some trends. Like, "I was just going down the road, not doing ANYTHING wrong, and this ******* popo pulls me over! Can you believe..." "I think they're just out there to collect revenue, and they must have quotas, and they must get a cut of all the tickets they collect, and, and, and..." Bull Sh*t.

Just sick of seeing it. I defy anyone to tell the truth and say that if the police didn't pull them over for something they were currently or recently doing wrong. I bet that only happens once in five-hundred times.

Troy and I got pulled over one morning. I was speeding, Troy was not. As a matter of fact, when I saw the r/w/b behind me, he was pretty far back. He stopped (probably to get me out of the ticket :D ;) ), and the Deputy told him he was getting a ticket too! Now, in that case, the officer was wrong- but I can't blame him for putting 2+2. Not many people are going to stop when someone gets pulled over, but if they do, it is pretty safe to assume that they were cruising at the same speed.

I don't know, it has just struck a nerve lately with people getting pulled over, knowing from their stories that they were clearly in the wrong, and then *****ing about the "******* cops pulled me over" crap.

I like Geek's attitude towards his recent event if you have read it in the DFW forum. He wasn't trying to blame the police for what he thought he was going to be pulled over for. But there have been lots of others who do.

[ September 13, 2004, 21:51: Message edited by: Tommyboy ]

Brian Montgomery
September 14th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Pete can vouch for me in saying that I did get pulled over for doing nothing wrong on the way to Denton. We were going along in the truck and the radar went off. I slowed to the indicated speed which is 10mph slower than actual on my truck. I was only doing 13mph over indicated so I was probably doing 74mph previously. About 30 seconds later we see a trooper come around a bend on the hwy and then he passed us in the opposite direction. We thought no biggy but then the trooper slammed on the brakes went into the median and turned around. I figured...look like he got him one...only it he was coming for me! I was like wtf! Anyways, I told him that I was going the speed limit...even under it. He ended up letting me go with a warning. But the point of the story is that leos do make mistakes. There are good ones and bad ones. We are all human. And sometimes we get our medicine. I usually don't mind the ticket every now and then...cause lord knows sometimes I am severly overdue.

tankmonkey
September 14th, 2004, 07:59 AM
I got pulled over at night in helotes for a bald rear tire.

of course, the d208zr I'd just had installed the day before only had about 100 miles on it...

no ticket, but I think the cop was disappointed when I pulled off my helmet and he could see I wasn't a kid.

VKlohn
September 14th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I guess I am one of the few who only got pulled over once in the many yeard I am riding. I was going 48 in a 40 zone. Not a biggy in my mind - but faster than it was allowed. That's ok - it is included in my riding budget smile.gif

As far as regulations are concerned - riding without a helmet, regardless of insurance or DPS sticker - is just plain stupid.

In most European countries you have to ride motorcyles with less than 50 HP for approx. 3 years before you can ride faster bikes. And - you need to proof your ability to do so with another driver license. Seems reasonable to me ....

The Big Spank Daddy
September 14th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I've been pulled over for what seems to be nonsense. After I get my helmet off and they see I'm an old fat guy they let me go with no explanation of why I was pulled over.

At the start of spring I got pulled over by a Harris County Sherrif Deputy with this same senario. He checks my DL and says I can go. As he's walking away he says, "Mr. Donnelly, I clocked you at 38 in a 35. Any reason for your speed?" I was cool about it and said, "I guess I was not paying that close attention to my speedometer." He says, "Well today is your lucky day." Then walks back to his car and drives off.

On one of these instances, a DPS pulls me over on Barker Cypress on my way to work. I'm litterally sandwiched in the middle of a pack of cars of 20+ all bumper to bumper. He checks my DL and writes me a warning for 47 in a 45.

Afterwards he admits that they are targeting sport bikes. Seems at the time they've had a rash of squids running from the law recently. He was pretty cool about it so I was not all that stressed out about it.

Now Last Thursday (this is where you need to look the other way Troy) I was getting off I-10 to Washington headed for the 290 car pool lane. For the past two weeks Houston regulars have been hot and heavy in this 1/4 mile area. So I have my gaurd up.

Right when I get to the Momentum Car place my lazer goes off. I'm doing 45 in a 40 according to my speedo (Which reads about 8% faster than actual). I'm the only vehicle in the right lane and two cars are in the left that just passed me.

As I look down the road about 300 yards down, I see the cop running to the other side of the road and holding his hand up(he was in the median and running to the lane I'm in). No way am I getting a ticket for what I belive is just a mile or so over. I hit the left turn signal, brakes, change to the left lane behind the cars that just passed me and u-turn at the next median 250 yards from "the man". I then motored to the I-10 entrance ramp just 500 yards away, then to the I-10 car pool entrance.

Right, wrong? Not sure. Maybe he was not out to get me, but I was the only vehicle in that lane. If they were to come and get me I would have pleaded that I made a mistake and really wanted to take the I-10 car pool lane and just did not see him because the sun was in my eyes.

Okay, there you have it. I've confessed. I'm now a fugitive from the law. ****, and Troy knows where I live :eek: er, uh, Troy. Did I tell you that I moved recently....?

tmtaz21
September 15th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:

Okay, there you have it. I've confessed. I'm now a fugitive from the law. ****, and Troy knows where I live :eek: er, uh, Troy. Did I tell you that I moved recently....? Thats alright Chris, I wouldn't tell them where a BIG TIME criminal like you lives at :D tongue.gif .

[ September 16, 2004, 20:18: Message edited by: T. Tyrrell ]

VFRacer-R
September 15th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Well Chris (and others that told this type of story or have them about getting pulled over and not getting ticketed, or got warnings), you illustrate my point perfectly.

The people who whine, ***** and moan the most, seem to be majorily the people who WERE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG!

For the most part, people like us (the ones who have posted here so far) are law abiding, and cite mostly that they were only ticketed when they deserved it- the original point of my post. Pulled over is another story, and unfortunately, it is part of the fact of life that other people cause you that inconvenience.

AaronEustace
September 15th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Pulled over is another story, and unfortunately, it is part of the fact of life that other people cause you that inconvenience. Being pulled over for minor offense or no offense is harassment any way you slice it. I'm not about to condemn a rider for calling Sanchez an A-hole then give carte blanche to cops who harass and dismiss it as a 'fact of life'. Bottom line is there are a-hole squids and a-hole cops among both sides. Each should be judged individually.

VFRacer-R
September 15th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Each should be judged individually. There is no judging- it is the law. By law, they have the right to pull you over. You have the right not to break the law. Simple. If you break the law, you get a ticket (or worse). I agree with your statement that there are *******s on both sides of this, police are human too, and they are allowed to make mistakes.

That is not my point. My point is when people are IN THE WRONG, they still blame the LEO, like it is their fault for them breaking the laws.

AaronEustace
September 15th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe the posts you see about 'A-hole' cops are not in reference to the actual ticket but the lack of respect and decorum displayed during the stop. This of course can go both ways and unless you witnessed it, who can say? From my experience, I've gotten tickets from way-cool cops and warnings from complete A-holes. Besides, I bet cops have BBS's where they call us names too and I doubt anyone's sticking up for us...

PO#1: "I just gave some punk-arsed A-hole kid on a crotch rocket a ticket for 3 over. I can do it cuz the law sez so"

TommyPO: "Hey now, I get sick of seeing my fellow PO disparage and call those rice-rocketeers A-holes."

...yea right! :rolleyes: :D tongue.gif

VFRacer-R
September 15th, 2004, 04:51 PM
PO#1: "I just gave some punk-arsed A-hole kid on a crotch rocket a ticket for 3 over. I can do it cuz the law sez so"

TommyPO: "Hey now, I get sick of seeing my fellow PO disparage and call those rice-rocketeers A-holes."
I'm not sticking up for them... I also don't disagree with you- I think you can read from my posts that you and I agree on the gist of what you are refferencing.

What I do disagree with, and I could probably find specific examples if I weren't a lazy FF, is the people that consistently make the LEOs a target of attack. "Revenue Generators", "picking on sport bike riders", "must be making a buck for writing me this ticket". That's all bullsh*t.
I don't care what they think or say about specific LEOs- you brought up Sanchez- maybe he does target sportbike riders. But from the stories I have read and the posts about those circumstances; I didn't read one that sounded like they didn't deserve to get pulled over, and/or ticketed.

Most of the time, when LEOs set up in a certain area (like a stretch of road) consistently, it is because there are complaints from people living in the area; or there have been high incidents of accidents.

I think people should just get over it -or- here is an idea: DON'T RIDE WHERE YOU KNOW THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOU! :rolleyes:

The Big Spank Daddy
September 16th, 2004, 07:16 PM
I agree with the lack of respect for the PoPo when they treat you like dirt. The DPS guy that stopped me could not have been anymore professional, polite and treated me with respect. Likewise he got the same treatrment from me.

Now the HC popo...well he did not ticket me, but he was sort of rude and impolite. I certainly gave him no reason to treat me that way. He may have just had a bad day. I pretty much shrugged it off and counted my blessings, giving him the benifit of the doubt. Maybe he had just done the same for me?

As for the Sanchez drama, think about how many guys crash in that area every weekend or even everyday. All we ever here is the "biker" side of the story. Acyually, I would like to here Sanchez's side.

It's like this, "You don't appreciate someone elses job until you have to do it".