PDA

View Full Version : Ride The Rio - Big Bend Ride

CalamariKid
December 29th, 2004, 11:36 PM
I think the San Angelo TSBA chapter is planning a March IBI to Big Bend, but March is a very busy month for me so I am planning on doing the RTR put on by HSTA. It is going to be held Feb 18-20th, see http://www.ridetherio.com/ for all the gory details if interested.

I will likely trailer up there, so if someone has a trailer I can borrow for that weekend I'd greatly appreciate it, and if anyone wants to come along post up.

Brian Montgomery
December 30th, 2004, 11:08 PM
You can borrow the trailer. I just got done modifying it. So no more chocks hitting the rotors anymore.

CalamariKid
December 31st, 2004, 06:36 AM
Sweet! Thanks dude.

Pete
December 31st, 2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
So no more chocks hitting the rotors anymore. Woohoo!

Vee4Rider
February 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Charles,

Are you going to Big Bend with Vipond & are you staying somewhere in Study Butte??

I'm staying at the Big Bend Motor Inn, Friday & Saturday....

I always do the pre-RTR ride...Wed. night in Kerrville, Thurs. ride to Fort Davis, Thurs. night buffet at Cueva de Leon, Fri. ride to Big Bend...

CalamariKid
February 7th, 2005, 03:21 PM
I could not find a room in Study Butte so I am in Presidio. I was planning on trailoring, but maybe I could trailor to Kerville and ride up there with you. What time are you planning on heading out of Kerville?

Vee4Rider
February 7th, 2005, 05:49 PM
We usually try to leave Kerrville by 9am, after breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. From Kerrville, we ride to Fort Davis.

Check with Vipond. He may know of someone looking for a roomie in Study Butte. Presidio is pretty far away, especially for the Friday night registration & BBQ and Saturday night banguet & prize give-away.

CalamariKid
February 7th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I'll check with him, but worst case, the road to Presidio is supposed to be very nice! Of course, taking it at night may be a bit of a challenge.