PDA

View Full Version : What's up? Where is everyone?

Chatterbox
January 4th, 2005, 12:00 PM
What's the deal? I can't live vicariously through your posts if you don't post!!!! :(

No one writes about their rides, working on their bikes, non-motorcycle stuff. What's the deal?

Come on guys - I need reading material!!!! :D

BrandyLou
January 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Hello Cindy!!! Well I really haven't had much to post about, lol. Went for a very short ride on Sunday Morning. Nothing else to really tell. How about yall?? How was everyone's New Years?

Chatterbox
January 4th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I was "under the weather" all weekend. I wanted to ride so bad, but I just couldn't handle it.

Chris fixed my speedometer and tach, so I forced myself to test drive it Saturday night for a short (20 mile) trip.

Sunday, I got up, showered, braided my hair, got my riding clothes on, and laid back down on the bed. :(

I'm surely hoping to feel better and get out riding this weekend. I can't believe I'm already so addicted to this as I am!! ;)

So, Brandy, when we going on a ride together again???????? :D

CalamariKid
January 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Hey Cindy and Brandy,

I received an email today from a local woman who is looking for a group to ride with. She rides a 750 Honda Shadow and is concerned that if she rides with us that she will slow us down. I tried to alleviate those concerns by going over our practice of waiting at the intersections and stressing that everyone needs to ride their own ride, etc. She has quite a bit of riding under her belt including a 1000 mi official Iron Butt.

Anyway, she is supposed to join us Sunday and may come to the meeting Saturday. If you guys are planning on riding I'm sure it would put her more at ease than having to face a bunch of dirty old men in tight leather pants and spandex shirts. smile.gif

Chatterbox
January 4th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I'm sure Chris and I will be at the meeting.

If the weather isn't tu bad, we'll be happy tu go tu the SMR, tu. :D

Vee4Rider
January 5th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Cindy,

There's plenty of stuff going on over in the DFW forum. That should keep you busy for a few days..... :D

BrandyLou
January 5th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Well, as soon as Brian is up to it, I am there!! Just let me know when.

BrandyLou
January 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Charles, that sounds like fun. Please warn her that I am slower than erosion, lol!!

Jim P.
January 5th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Hey Charles?? what part of town does she live in.. If the south side Alvin or Pearland area she can ride to the meeting with me if she would like.. let me know... thanks..

Jim..

CalamariKid
January 5th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Jim, please refer to my eariler comment about old men in leather pants... tongue.gif

Seriously, I am not sure what side of town she's on. I got the impression that she is familiar with where we meet and how to get there. If I hear back from her I will let her know about your offer. <Barb, if you are lurking send me an e-mail and I will get you in touch with Jim>

Doyle Gregory
January 5th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Cindy,

Give me a shout if you guys get out. I have to work Saturday but I can sneak out Sunday. Look forward to meeting up with you guys again.

Since I'm fairly good at asking dumb questions, what does SMR stand for?

Also, hope everyone had a great Holiday season.

Doyle

Chatterbox
January 5th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Doyle, it's not a dumb question. Lots of people ask.

Sunday Morning Ride - SMR

Don't know if Chris is working Saturday or not, but we're out for sure Sunday unless it's raining.

Schreck
January 6th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I'm in for the Sunday ride this weekend if anyone is interested. :D