PDA

View Full Version : SA IBI Donation

The Big Spank Daddy
September 23rd, 2004, 11:19 AM
As with last year SA is looking for $100 donation from the other chapters for the fall IBI. Any dealings with $$$$ require a vote by the members.

You can vote via this thread, our yahoo account or my personal email. Voting will end 9-30-04 at midnight.

[ September 23, 2004, 12:20: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Chatterbox
September 23rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
I vote no.

Brian Montgomery
September 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
I guess we could vote no then still go to the IBI and win the prizes...lol...just joking of course. But out of all seriousness, what are the givaways for this year? Last year they gave away 3 track days and 1 set of tires. I don't know how much money was spent on them all but, I guess it depends on the prizes. I just want to make sure that the money is being spent on things I feel are worth while. So I suspend my vote until the details are made known.

Chatterbox
September 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Good thinking, Brian. That's what I thought about when making my vote. That's an awful lot of money from each chapter just to have a few prizes, when most of the prizes go to the local fellows anyway. Besides, Spring IBI and Hotter than Hell Ride didn't give prizes and everyone had a good time anyway.

Inlaw1
September 23rd, 2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Chatterbox:
when most of the prizes go to the local fellows anyway.No, huh uh. smile.gif Last year most of the prizes were won by members outside SA, including the tires and two of the track days.

This year we have four track days, one set of leather rentals, two lap timer rentals, and a set of tires. It would be nice to give away some T-shirts and other misc also. Roughly a little over $300 is so far spent without any of the misc stuff covered yet.

While the other IBI's are certainly fun for those whom participate, the Fall IBI historically has been the one that is the biggest draw as it offers the closest venue for every chapter to get to, and better weather due to the time of year.

Several years ago we started giving away simple door prizes for icing on the cake. Besides, it offered what felt like an excellent oppurtunity to give something back to the members at a club event. Admittedly it's gotten a bit larger in regards to the door prizes, but so has the attendance of the ride.

All that said, no one should feel compelled to contribute.

VFRacer-R
September 23rd, 2004, 05:15 PM
My feeling is that the money spent will be worth it for whomever wins- kind of like the lotto. It's great when you win, but you may feel like you wasted money if you don't...

I think that we have to spend money anyway. In the grand scheme of our "budget", this won't affect our bottom line or if we have surplus funds or not. I think we have PLENTY of money to dontate to a prize pool, and $100 ain't that bad. Besides, one of us may win!

Pete
September 23rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Last year only me and Brian were in attendance so it was a bit of a waste for our chapter to contribute but it sounds like more should be going this year. If anyone goes we should throw in something. In the end it needs to be discussed at the monthly meeting and approved in order to make money transfer.

The Big Spank Daddy
September 23rd, 2004, 07:51 PM
I vote yes.

One of the things we have to remember is that this is a statewide club and it is important for us to help support our fellow chapter members.

The odds are pretty good when you consider how many will be there, maybe 40 or less?

[ September 23, 2004, 20:51: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

VFRacer-R
September 23rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Last year only me and Brian were in attendance so it was a bit of a waste for our chapter to contribute but it sounds like more should be going this year. If anyone goes we should throw in something. In the end it needs to be discussed at the monthly meeting and approved in order to make money transfer. I agree, but I think the spirit of this should be for the club's benefit, not to benefit our chapter. I think the only way we will get a vote done in time is online.

Brian Montgomery
September 23rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
...better weather due to the time of year. hahaha Gary...you got me on that one...lol. It has rained on me every time I have gone to the Fall IBI...lol. Then again, David B. blames me for the rain every time anyways. tongue.gif

And since the items I feel are justified, I vote yes on the donation. Oh yeah Gary, make sure you get some TSBA store hats to give out.

CalamariKid
September 23rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
I vote yes.

WFO
September 24th, 2004, 04:10 AM
I vote yes.

First: The reason we accumulate money in the treasury is to spend it.

B. I don't care about track days but tires etc. would be cool.

Lastly, it will promote attendace.

And we should spend lots of money on any event that I am attending.

rtbain
September 24th, 2004, 04:56 AM
I vote yes.

Instead of door prizes use the money to throw a party and invite the all chapters. That way everyone benefits, not just the winners of some drawing.

While on the subject Houston needs to throw a party. Susan said we could host it if no one else wants to.

Toga! Toga! Toga!

Inlaw1
September 24th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
maybe 40 or less? Last year there was 48, which is probably close to the average attendance.

Oskar_Z28
September 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I vote NO. (my reason for that is I don't like the timing of the IBI - I wanted to attend, but it's on a CMRA race weekend, so even if I wanted I could not win the prizes).

[ September 24, 2004, 08:07: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

Oskar_Z28
September 24th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Yes to a party in Houston - I think club could donate money there (good idea Randy).

StuartR
September 24th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I vote yes to the IBI donation. It's just good fun to be able to win things! smile.gif

Jim P.
September 24th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I vote yes also...

tankmonkey
September 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM
yes

Paul Sonderfan
September 24th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Yes

Warren White
September 24th, 2004, 02:48 PM
I vote yes

VKlohn
September 24th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I vote yes.

Schreck
September 26th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, go ahead! I'm sure we will win this year for the Houston Chapter. Hot today for some reason! ;)

Jim Trimm
September 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
I vote yes.