PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay? April 16th & 17th MS150.

Greg Sampson
January 10th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hello fellow TSBA-ites! Most of you probably don't know me (I'm from D/FW chapter) but I've been in the TSBA for several years now (roadraced last year in CMRA) and had a favor to ask of those living in Houston.

I'm going to be riding the MS150 (http://www.ms150.org/ms150/) from Houston to Austin on April 16th & 17th. It is a 180 mile ride to benefit Multiple Sclerosis research and treatment in the United States. Seeing as how I'm from Dallas, I'll need a place to stay on Friday night prior to going to the ride Saturday morning. There are two departure points and I'm hoping that someone living in either of the two areas will be able to provide a room for the evening so that I can get some rest prior to the ride.

I can leave from either Tully Stadium in Houston or Rhodes Stadium in Katy but I know nothing about Houston or the area where either of these stadiums reside.

I might also be able to camp at one of the stadiums, but I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone would be willing or able to help me out. I also plan on doing the Dallas-Oklahoma ride in May and the San Antonio to Corpus ride in October along with other long distance cycling events throughout the year.

For info on the MS rides, please take a look HERE (http://www.ms150.org/ms150/).

[ January 10, 2005, 10:47: Message edited by: Greg Sampson ]

Oskar_Z28
January 10th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Greg, you can stay at my place. I live on the west side of Houston, and both venues are fairly close.

[ January 10, 2005, 11:18: Message edited by: Oskar_Z28 ]

CalamariKid
January 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Greg, looks like Oskar has you covered but I have a guest room you are welcome to.

Chatterbox
January 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Greg you are more than welcome to crash here also. However, with a 2 year old in the house, quiet is a relative frame of mind.

I would strongly recomend Ozkar's offer, very nice house and not too far from where you need to be.

Greg Sampson
January 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks everbody, I'll be in touch! I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the event but I'll know more soon. Also, if anyone wants to donate, just get in touch with me or take a look for the post in the D/FW forum.

[ January 13, 2005, 14:32: Message edited by: Greg Sampson ]