PDA

View Full Version : A Productive Break

The Big Spank Daddy
January 16th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Cindy and I decided to take a break bike this weekend and take care of some loose ends.

Jeff and I left early and headed to get our hair cuts. Then by HOH so he could see the Repsol 1000RR. While in the area we headed over to Harbor Frieght and picked up a few tools. Then to Jason's Deli for lunch and back to the house.

I picked up a new set of carb synch gauges at Cycle Gear yesterday, the dial gauge type. I've gone through two sets of the "carb sticks" in the past 10 years. The riser tubes crack and break over time.

Well, Cindy's bike has had a hard time idling and continues to stall unless it is really super warmed up. I pulled the plugs and they were snow white. Clearly a victim of the early 80s emmisions laws. I drilled out the idle adjustment screw plugs. I then adjusted them and synched the carbs. WOW, what a difference! Way smoother idle and throttle response is a lot crisper and no more stalling.

I then took a try at the Bandit with nearly the same results. Much smoother and an improved throttle response.

On to the Blata I went to cure a throttle issue and a loose rear sprocket. Cleaned the plug (two stroke oil fouled), cleaned the air filter, adjusted the throttle cable then resolved the sprocket issue. jeff then took it on some high speed runs around the neighborhood, squid style. He'll never learn.........

[ January 16, 2005, 18:12: Message edited by: Big Spank Daddy ]

Pete
January 16th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Sounds like the basis for one of those new reality TV shows. :D Of course it would be on one of the three digit channels.

Chatterbox
January 17th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Yep, Chris did a great job on my bike. It doesn't stall out everytime I take off or stop running everytime I stop now. And NO, it's not always the operator's fault!! :D

It runs smoother, too. Guess I'm glad the old guy's around. ;)

[ January 17, 2005, 15:28: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]