PDA

View Full Version : I fell down on the bike on Sunday...

Oskar_Z28
January 17th, 2005, 04:45 PM
.... my dirt bike that is smile.gif . Instead of braving the cold on the R1, I decided to join some friends from work for a dirt ride in Angelina Forest.

I have never ridden in a dirt before, so I was very anxious on going. These guys have been riding dirt for last 16 years so I knew it was going to be humbling expereince for me. At first I got out there and took it really easy. They chose some easier trails to ride on for me to get used to the dirt. They also rotated having one guy always in front of me so that I could follow. Then later we started picking up speed and riding some more difficult stuff.

As the day went on, we were riding through some thick stuff with me learning all the time. I rode for about 5 hours, with a short break for lunch. At the end of the day I was so sore that I had hard time moving my legs and arms - talk about great work out.

So the final conclusion on riding in the dirt - it's a blast. I will be rotating street and dirt on the weekends. It's a great way of getting in shape for roadracing. Some of the skills learned on the street completely do not apply to dirt, but some do and really help out, and vice versa. Crashing in the dirt (yes, I managed to do that) does not hurt as much, and bike is not damaged at all (just little more muddy). Being out there with bunch or folks that enjoy to ride is great.

Anyone wants to join me sometimes?

Chris S.
January 17th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Wow, it sounds like almost all the chapters have a dirt movement going on these days! I planned on mixing it up in the beginning, but once I got the hang of it I found it hard to get as excited about street riding...I'd get arrested or killed for riding like that on the street!

The Big Spank Daddy
January 17th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Years ago I read an article about which athletes were the most fit. It was carried out by some university. To their amazement, MX riders were more fit than anyother athletes and not by just a little bit, but by a wide margin.

davidb
January 18th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Chris Soignier:
Wow, it sounds like almost all the chapters have a dirt movement going on these days!... Yea, but which chapter is this (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mototraining.wmv) ?!?! :eek:

I still think that is one of the funniest 45 seconds of video. :D

Schreck
January 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
So your making your own videos now....Oskar included? That's some funny footage, seriously it hurts to think about it. :D