PDA

View Full Version : Group riding subject...

Brian Montgomery
January 18th, 2005, 10:07 PM
While usually it isn't a concern, I would like to open the discussion on the group riding.

It happens every time that we have a decent size group. The rides get stretched out and sometimes take a bit longer to complete, someone crashes (Heaven forbid) or other delays seem to take place. Some people also start riding over their heads playing catch up. We all know that it is a known phenomenon to do this no matter how many times we stress that you will not be left behind. The ride on January 9th, 2005 was a prime example of this with everyone drag racing to stay up. I was doing some reading on group riding and thought about what I could do to help make the group riding effort more effortless.

So some suggestions to think about....
</font> Split the main group up to groups no bigger than groups of 5</font> Split the groups up with leaders that know the routes</font> We do this to some extent. But I think that we as a group could do a better job and make the rides more enjoyable for all.

Well, it is just a thought...

Schreck
January 18th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Good point Brian. I don't mind stepping up and being one of the leaders for the group rides. :D