PDA

View Full Version : Weather looks like crap for the weekend.....

Schreck
January 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Anyone thinking about riding this weekend?
Anybody out there on a computer that can respond?
Where's everyone at this week? tongue.gif

Warren White
January 28th, 2005, 08:27 AM
working.

CalamariKid
January 28th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I'd like too, will have to see how Sunday actualizes.

TFox
January 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Not so bad in Tampa, FL.

Highs today were in upper 60s.
Saturday in lower 70s, with 20% chance of rain.
Sunday mid 70s, no mention of rain.

!!!

Vee4Rider
January 28th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy F.:
Not so bad in Tampa, FL.

Highs today were in upper 60s.
Saturday in lower 70s, with 20% chance of rain.
Sunday mid 70s, no mention of rain.

!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

cclemmer
January 28th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I should be getting ~ 400 miles in on Saturday.

Who cares what the weather looks like, just ride. smile.gif

StuartR
January 29th, 2005, 09:53 AM
50% chance of sun for Sunday. I'll be watching....

Oskar_Z28
January 29th, 2005, 11:03 AM
You guys just complain too much. It's raining here and around 40 deg. and I saw bunch of bikes on the street.

CalamariKid
January 30th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Looks like the weather is going to be OK. I am planning on being at JIB at 9.

StuartR
January 30th, 2005, 07:47 AM
OK Charles, I'll do some cloud dodging today!

CalamariKid
January 30th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Well it was just the three amigos this morning, myself, Stuart and Tim. We met up at JIB and hung around for a while to see if any straggelers would show, but to no avail. Then it was off to Fayettville.

Roads were a bit damp, especially around Fayetville. The cute waitress there that Tim was hitting on told us that it had rained there this morning. (Tim, if you would fork out membership dues you would have the opportunity to defend yourself, but alas...)

After lunch Tim headed off to Burton to go shake down some of his 'distributors'. Yeah, oil, right. The guy makes a trip to Mexico once a year at some God forsaken crossing in the middle of nowhere and he want us to believe it is Amsoil that is subsidizing his early retirement and taste for exotic European motorcycles...

BTW, I got pulled over on the way there, on 36 I think. Just picked up the radar as he was about 100 yards out headed my direction, had time to drop in down to 90 b4 he tagged me. Being the law abiding citizens we are - we hauled a$$. Just hedging the bets, waited to he was out of site, then tried to put some distance between us. About 10 min later (after we had slowed down) he catches up and pulls me over. Tim and Stuart cruise on by at 59.5 MPH. He give me a ....WARNING!! #3 within a 8 day period! Man, these guys must be taking pitty on me!

All in all a nice ride, little wetter than I would have liked, but the roads were **** near empty of motorcycles and bicycles.

StuartR
January 30th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Charles, thanks for leading the ride! It was a bit cool with the wind and lack of sunshine, but not a drop of rain did we have to ride through!

Felt bad cruising by you as you were getting pulled over by Mr Leo, but figured you'd get off with just a warning after he saw all the grey in your beard! Lucky for you he was a fellow Kawi sportbike rider! :D

The Big Spank Daddy
January 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Just taking a break for a while. Catching up on some Honey-Dos that I have been avoiding. It looked like it was going to rain just any minute around here but never did. I'm glad it was dry for you guys.