PDA

View Full Version : New suspension goodies on the way!

ST_Kelly
February 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I ordered racetech gold valves and springs and an Ohlins rear shock. This should make a huge difference in the way the bike handles. The stock suspension just ain't cutting it even after adjusting it as much as possible.

Has anyone here installed these items. I'm just trying to get a feel for how hard it will be to do and what tools will be needed.

Cheers

Brian Montgomery
February 2nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
You will need an oil level guage, Wrench Rod for the dampening rod (Pete and I found that a 1" square tubing worked fine.)(to tighten it and loosen it unless you got an impact), Long allen wrench to go on the bottom side of the fork and standard tools (make that metric tools)..lol.

For the rear shock, I went to home depot and bought a rod that would fit in my swingarm pivot bolt then I slid it through the pivot. Lifted the rear with the rear stand, then put some jack stands on both sides of the bike where the rod was. Then let the bike back down. This puts the weight of the bike on the rod and off the swingarm. I then could remove the rear shock.

Have fun...