PDA

View Full Version : TSBA monthly meeting June 29th

Louis Reinartz
June 18th, 2002, 08:29 PM
Randy has offered to open his garage and tool box to help go over maintenance procedures.
We will discuss several topics and do a brake rebuild as well and maybe go thru Pete's ZX-6, it's ready for some scheduled work.
If you have any questions about service or adjustments this should give you information to work with.
We will cover a wide range of topics. Plan on attending it will be well worth your time.
Louis

Oskar_Z28
June 18th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Anyone wants to check my valves next time?

Louis Reinartz
June 19th, 2002, 06:02 AM
I checked em...they were still there!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LMFIRE629
June 19th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Ok....I guess my wind screen must be dirty...where is the meeting going to be?

Louis Reinartz
June 19th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Hang tight Randy will post a link with a map to his place! And we will cover bike cleaning as well,glad yo have a "maintenance" item we need to take care of,I'll get 3 of my best guys on it..of course we will have to test ride it after said work is completed :D :D

rtbain
June 19th, 2002, 07:06 PM
When:
How about next Saturday? The would be 29nd June. Early is fine with me.

Where:
MapQuest URL is
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=32310+Grove+Park+Drive&city=Waller&state=TX&zipcode=77484&homesubmit.x=15&homesubmit.y=9

Its not exactly accurate but will get you to the right neighborhood. Address is 32310 Grove Park Drive, Waller (get down) Texas 77484.

What you need to bring:
Parts for maintenance/repair
Manual if you have one
Other consumables (brake cleaner - parts washer will take care for the big chunks but leaves a residue)(can be purchased locally)

Rules:
No wheelies in the neighborhood. This is the country and people like things quite. They are all heavily armed and the local police take a dim view of you city boys in tight leathers. However my wife seems to like the idea of young men in tight leathers so things should balance out nicely.

Remember:
When doing anything mechanical things can go wrong (in other words break where it cannot be fixed). While unlikely this possibility should always be kept in mind. Good news is that Wild West Honda is handy on Saturday. If things go horribly wrong (very unlikely) I have a trailer to get it home or will provide transportation and let the bike sleep over until repairs can be made.

Pete
June 19th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by John:
Ok....I guess my wind screen must be dirty...where is the meeting going to be?I thought it might be better to have the meeting at a restaurant as opposed to someones house. It would probably draw more new people and make the group seem more "open". Also I wouldn't have my parts by next week anyways. The suggestion was to maybe meet at Hooters in Clearlake and do a Galveston cruise.

We could make the wrench turning session a separate event and take some time to plan out an agenda so people would know ahead of time what we'd be doing and if they were interested. For example tune up a SV and ZX6R. Learn how to wash your bike properly so your wheel bearings don't fail (I learned that one the hard way) and misc. stuff like that. We could also teach how to pull wheelies and stoppies on and SV. :D Big thanks again to Randy for his offer!!

Honestly it doesn't matter to me cuz I'm easy to please. Whacha all think?

Pete
June 19th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Ooooops.....Looks like Randy sneaked that post in when I was typing so no wheeling the SV.

rtbain
June 19th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Almost forgot. We can throw fajitas (or what ever) on the grill or head for the best hamburger's this side of Hempstead (The Hill). If eating here we'll need a reasonably accurate head count.

And Chris, bring B.O.B. (***** on back). Boss Lady loves the antique shops around here.

Randy

rtbain
June 19th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Peter Strezo:
Ooooops.....Looks like Randy sneaked that post in when I was typing so no wheeling the SV.Anyone can wheelie, but how many can do a really impressive brakie? :eek:

Louis Reinartz
June 19th, 2002, 07:59 PM
O.K. like I said the meeting will be at Randy's. smile.gif
This will be good. The coast ride is being planned by Jason and John it will happen in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned. :D
Louis
P.S. Thanks Randy this is going to be good,if you miss this your loss.Hope that didnt offend anyone. tongue.gif

Oskar_Z28
June 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Yeah, tune up the SV smile.gif .

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Meeting this Saturday say meeet at Randy's around 11 a.m.n that o.k. with you Randy?
Topics will be:
maint on bikes
coast ride by John and Jason
possible TSBA MSF day
Summer Hill Country ride
Track day by Ride Smart for July 6-7
Race day recap,1 more time with color!
see every one there Randy is planning on feeding us fajitas so reply with a head count or be left out!
Louis

The Big Spank Daddy
June 25th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Other than parts and mechanical consumables do we need to bring any food or food supplies?

royfzr
June 25th, 2002, 08:55 AM
This is my weekend to work Saturday....
I work 2 Saturdays per Month....

Someday I wll get to meet all you new guys... Then it will be like Tweaty said about me being a new guy. ;) :rolleyes:

rtbain
June 25th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Saturday 29th June at 1100. Sounds good to me.

What to bring, your sparkling personalities and a warm smile. A simple lunch of fajitas, rice, beans and fixn's. We'll supply the soft drinks and water. If everyone prefers we can head out to a nearby hamburger joint for lunch. If schedules are up in the air this might be a better way to go. Either way is fine with me.

On the wrenching side I should have adequate tools for most work. Bring consumables like carb cleaner, oil, stuff like that. There is a auto parts house not too distant. But bike special lubricants can be hard to find. Manuals are always nice. Especially ones with pictures and torque charts.

Ah yes, if someone wants to adjust valves many bikes require a special tool to get the shims out. I do have click stop torque wrenches (inch and foot pound) and a good degree wheel so getting the cams back in should pose no problem.

Looking forward to being able to contribute to the club. I have already posted information on how to get here. If its not clear let me know and I'll try once more.

Randy

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 07:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!guess that sums it up,sounds great!Louis

The Big Spank Daddy
June 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Myself and the ball and chain will be there at 11:00 am sharp. She did not like your reference to BOB. I don't think she's read any of mine when I refer to her as the B&C though. We can't stay to long because we have a wedding to go to in Galveston.

The Screaming Yellow Thunder will be coming too with his B&C in tow also. He took his lower fairing off because he's just young and stupid and thinks it looks better. Be sure to give him crap about it for me.

rtbain
June 27th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
She did not like your reference to BOB.
Eeek! :rolleyes: Please accept my sincere apologies. BOB is a ‘cute’ term used by my wife and me. Absolutely no offense intended.

The Screaming Yellow Thunder will be coming too with his B&C in tow also. He took his lower fairing off because he's just young and stupid and thinks it looks better. Be sure to give him crap about it for me.Hey, give the young man a break, after all look who he has for a father. ;)

The Big Spank Daddy
June 27th, 2002, 06:40 AM
His "father" is the one who picked his "I think I'm Nickey Hayden look at me" *** out of the ditch and then repaired his crash damaged fairing and put all the peices back together so he could ride again. The least he could do is try and not look so "ghetto".

Oskar_Z28
June 27th, 2002, 06:42 AM
What's wrong with not having fairings on the bike? smile.gif . I don't know how a Ninja 250 would look without them, but the SV looks great smile.gif .

The Big Spank Daddy
June 27th, 2002, 06:50 AM
He just removed the lower. The EX250 has no lower frame and part of the upper/lower fairing/radiator support is now hanging out the bottom like a hanger being used for a radio antenna. The lower fairing has several screws that hold it to the upper fairing and with the lower off the retaining clips and inset for the lower are now exposed and believe me when I say "It looks ghetto".