PDA

View Full Version : Track day Labor day by Ride Smart

Louis Reinartz
June 19th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Ride Smart is having a track day,the tenitive TSBA discounted day is for Labor day. This day has not yet been confirmed.
The cost to TSBA members is $100.00 non memebrs $125.00 Proof of memebership is required and I validate the proof.
Most everything will be provided,drinks,lunch and snacks.There is talk of a TSBA garage as well.
I will keep you informed as things shape up.Start saving yur lunch money boys..this will be fun!

Scott Farmer
June 19th, 2002, 11:31 AM
I attended the last one on Memorial day. I was the lone TSBA member there. It was a great time. I learned a lot about my riding skills and my bike. I highly recommend going. I'll be there!

Louis Reinartz
June 21st, 2002, 06:01 AM
Here it is from Brett,it is a done deal see you there. I Need your names so you get the deiscounted rate.
Louis, the track day will be at TWS on LABOR DAY. If we get enough interest Dave will set aside one of the garages just for TSBA so we can all hang out and BS together.

I'll be going to his July 6/7 event, not sure which day yet, but for $100 on a weekend it's too good/cheap to pass up.

--------------------
Outlaw #1, Austin Pres

Pete
June 21st, 2002, 07:02 AM
$100 is a great deal for a trackday. I thought about going but my back tire is starting to square off and I don't want to buy a new one yet since its still got a few SMR's left in it.

Pete
June 21st, 2002, 07:03 AM
Hold on....Labor day isn't July 6 or 7???? :confused:

Louis Reinartz
June 21st, 2002, 10:28 AM
Brett is Afgan,he gets easily confused. :eek:

Brett
June 21st, 2002, 01:14 PM
Actually I'm not confused, Louis just hasn't gotten past 3rd grade reading yet. There is a track day(s) on July 6/7, $100 for TSBA members. However, Dave is also putting on a track day on Labor Day. For that track day is going to (provided we get enough interest) set aside a garage just for TSBA. I plan on going to one day on the 6th or 7th of next month as well as the Labor Day TSBA track day.

Dave has been really great about supporting the TSBA through discounts at his track days, and he really has the same goals in mind that we do, lots of fun on motorcycles but in a safe and responsible fashion. His track days are good no matter what your skill level. Of course for Labor Day you can not only ask his instructors for advice buy any TSBA member will experience will be sure to share and help out!

So the date for the TSBA to rally around is Labor Day, but if you can't wait that long we still get a deal for the July 6/7. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Louis Reinartz
June 24th, 2002, 07:25 AM
WHAT???did he sat buy a TSBA member? Labor day?
Louis :D

Yuliya
June 25th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Louis, you may have already seen my post on HSR, but here's a repeat - thought you guys deserve to know before diving head first.. And yes, I am a lawyer, the anal nature of the message should be proof enough LOL smile.gif

Guys, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I believe there may be an issue with RideSmart school you may not be aware of.

In Texas any rider training for street riders must be licnesed through the Texas Department of Public Safety. This includes riding schools and track days such as the California Superbike School (I talked to Keith and he told me he had to get licensed in Texas with DPS), Jason Pridmore's STAR School, Lone Star Track Days, and Ride Smart.

The DPS can keep unlicensed rider training from occuring. If unlicensed training occurs, the training organizer or person and the management of the training location can be taken before a Texas judge to face criminal punshiment. This means that not only the riding school but the track management/owner is responsible.

My understanding is that Ride Smart currently has not been licensed. I spoke to a DPS representative who confirmed that Dave was not aware that he needed a license, and the license is pending and may not necessarily be a sure thing. If that is true, Ride Smart events could be cancelled before or during an event. Ride Smart management and instructors could face prosecution, and we could have a hard time getting our money back.

Look, I'm all for having more on-track opportunities. If they go through with the license, great. Just make sure you go into it with your eyes open and, before you commit any significant amounts of cash, check with DPS Motorcycle Safety Unit at (800) 292-5787 first to find out if the organization you're intrested in is operating legitimately.

Yuliya

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 01:19 PM
This is a track day, not a rider school no hand holding,ride at your own risk,this could cause death,it is dangerous! ;)
That should clear that up.
Any body up for a TRACK DAY! :D
I'm not a lawyer,however I am anal about riding,dont want to cause problems for anyone,would like to see some come out and ride on the track and if you would like tips about getting around the track I might give my opinion on how to do that,I am not a instructor and do not claim to be. smile.gif
Louis

Yuliya
June 25th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Louis, what is the nature of your relationship with RideSmart/Dave?

As for safety, well, the reports of the Memorial day track day were not encouraging.. over a dozen wrecks, several very serious injuries, no corner workers, and 50 riders on the track at the same time - or, as a friend of mine reported, "some scary sh*t.."

I for one do not intend to show up until something is done about that.

They do not advertize themselves as 'just a track day' - even their banner says "M/C street riding - road racing school". I don't need any hand-holding, I got enough of that at Code school and LSTD, but come on, if the guy didn't even bother to get a license even though he knew he needed one since October (that's EIGHT months!), what other 'minor details' has he overlooked?

Louis, I know you, and I know you are worried about the safety of people who ride with you. My post was intended to bring this up to your attention as it may not be something Dave told you about. Making decisions is easier with complete information.

Yuliya

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Y,
I have no relationship with Dave. I know whenever you get people at the track safety is the #1 problem /concern for everyone. I do appreciate the info,I will be talking to Dave about these issues and concerns and posting the replies.
If you ever need any hand holding I owe you since you worked on my zipper,it's the least I could do for you!
Your smart@ss friend,
Louis

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Dave Wonder anwsers questions.
I spent about a hour on the phone with Dave.
He has received all the documentation and license to be a state authorized rider education,training /teaching track day school.
If any one would like to speak to Dave and ask him any questions he welcomes all calls. His home number is 1-512-469-9491.
He has informed me that there will be instructors,med crews and of course corner workers.
Hope this clears up any questions,as I said if you have any specific questions direct them to Dave.
hope to see some of you take advantage of the track day and generous discount he is offering.
Thanks,
Louis
P.S. Y, Dave would like to speak to you and see if you would like to trade your legal services for track time,give him a call if interested.

tlrmike
June 25th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Sounds good but I'll be out of town this time around. Maybe on the next one.

F1
June 25th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Stupid question, is "Y" a guy or gal?

Louis Reinartz
June 25th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Y, is a she

F1
June 25th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Yuliya, were you at MSR on 6/14?

Ricksfz1
June 26th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Oh yes! I will be seriously considering this track day. the R6 should be ready by then so i wont have to ride the FZ1 any more. but it should be sold by then anyway so who cares.

Hey, put me on the list!

Rick Chapman