PDA

View Full Version : Riding this Saturday?

Stretch
July 2nd, 2002, 12:47 PM
Anyone got anything planned? I'm thinking about going to Fayetville(sp?) on Saturday morning. Sunday I'm gonna do the coast ride with the HSR guys. This will be my last weekend in Houston, I'm moving up to Lubbock in a week.

Let me know if you're interested...

Jason

The Big Spank Daddy
July 2nd, 2002, 01:01 PM
I'm also planning on doing the Sunday HSR ride two up. I haven't decided about Saturday yet. I may put a new rear on Friday and may want to break it in. Do you have internet access Friday? If so I can let you know Friday afternoon/night about Saturday. The old lady may want to ride Saturday and she likes riding out in that direction. Let me know your thoughts.

Louis Reinartz
July 2nd, 2002, 01:14 PM
Chris,
take notes so we can do a coastal ride as well most of us will be doing the track day stuff this weekend.
Louis

Pete
July 2nd, 2002, 01:22 PM
Lubbock!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Inlaw1
July 2nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason Y:
Anyone got anything planned? I'm thinking about going to Fayetville(sp?)Well, several TSBA members from other chapter's are going to be at TWS for a track day on Sat. Might be you would want to stop by there to check it out and say HI! smile.gif Just an idea.

Originally posted by Jason Y:
This will be my last weekend in Houston, I'm moving up to Lubbock in a week.Ouch!! Sorry to hear that. :(

wonderdawg
July 2nd, 2002, 03:40 PM
I'd rather live in Lubbock than Houston (weatherwise). At least you don't melt at 7:30 in the mornng.

Forget about traffic jams. 20 cars in a row is about the longest line you'll ever get into.

Hope you're going out there to go to school.

I have 30 years invested out there. Moved to San Antonio in 84. Wise move.

Good luck.

rtbain
July 2nd, 2002, 06:07 PM
Saturday sounds good to me. Need to verfiy schedule first. We could extend up to CS and do 390/3090.

Fayettville only is fine with me too.

Stretch
July 2nd, 2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I'm moving up there to go to school at Tech. I can't wait till I get up there. Man, the weather is REALLY nice, epecially after the sun goes down.

I'd like to do a ride REALLY early in the morning(start around 0630). Maybe be up at Fayetville for breakfast, I might be going two-up. As you can tell, I haven't planned this out very much. Yeah Chris, I'll be on the board on Friday. I check the message board about 3 times a day.

rtbain
July 3rd, 2002, 05:18 AM
Two up? Cool, I'll check with Boss Lady.

Attention Chris - My wife has a full 'stich and backrest. Of course the way you slug around a back rest probably isn't necessary. tongue.gif

0630 at Brookshire?

How long are yall planning on going. If you have never done 3090 its a fun road. Gotta watch for gravel ESPECIALLY after these rains.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 3rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Now 6:30 isn't a problem with me.............but the ball and chain may stay home if we go that early. If for sure there will be other women she may chnage her mind. I'll keep you posted.

rtbain
July 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Since we are leaving early an extended ride might be in order. It would take us past TWS (pretty close) and have good jumping off places for people with time constraints.

Just a suggestion:
About 260 miles
Stenzell Rd W
Wilpitz RdSW
FM 1458 W
Park Rd 38 NW
Peach St SW
Peters San Felipe Rd NW
SR 36 NW
FM 2429 Rd S
FM 949 Rd W
FM 1094 W
FM 109 SW
FM 1291 NW
SR 159
FM 1457 NW
SR 237 NE
US 290) NE
FM 390 N
CR 93 SW
SR 105 N
FM 3090 N
SR 30 E
FM 1486 SE
FM 149 E
FM 1486 S
FM 1774 E
FM 1488 W
US 290 E
FM 362 S

The Big Spank Daddy
July 3rd, 2002, 08:44 PM
If I ride two up we're going squid style. ie no jacket just a t-shirt, (helmet, gloves, jeans and boots of course)especialy if we make a day of it and go by TWS. It's going to be pretty hot.

The ball and chain said she'll go if Jason and Randy go two up. She's not thrilled about 6:30 but I can talk her into it. The heat, where we go, where we eat is not a problem with us. Planning a route is okay but we like being more spontaneous and just calling it as we go.

I think I'm going to try and change that tire tomorrow. I found a small cut in the, what's left, center tread of the Metzeler. I still have a couple thousands before it gets to the wear bar but I'm more concerned about getting a flat. I got 7K miles out of it so it has done a good job and I got my $$$$ out of it.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 3rd, 2002, 08:48 PM
Does it cost anything to get into TWS just to say hi to our TSBA buds?

Stretch
July 3rd, 2002, 11:39 PM
I'd like to go on an extended ride, but I need to be back in Clear Lake between 10:30-11:30am for a BBQ. Chris, I'll get a backseater to go with me, so I'll be two-up. Does breakfast in Fayetville sound good to ya'll?

rtbain
July 4th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Breakfast in Fayetteville sounds good to me. Boss Lady heard about the 0630 start time and gave me the 'Are you nuts?' look. Hey look who she married. So it looks like I'll be solo.

Flats? I carry a plug gun (with plugs)CO2 and a small air pump. Flats don't scare me, unless they happen on the front at 80+, then I have to change drawers.

Chris, a REAL squid would wear shorts, flip-flops, a muscle shirt and no helmet.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 4th, 2002, 08:28 AM
All that talking about changing that tire got me fired up so I went out in the garage and did it last night. It took me a total of 1 1/2 hrs to do it. About 10 min to remove the wheel and 15 min to install it. It only took me 5 min to mount the tire on the rim. The rest of the time was trying to figure out how to break it loose from the rim. After getting it off the rim I spent about 30 min cleaning 17 years of crap from the inside of the rim.

That BT45V Bridgestone is suppose to have a greater tread depth in the center and dual compound for greater center tread life. I mic'ed it and indeed it has .256" tread depth as compared to .240" on the Metzeler. The cheapest I found to get a tire mounted if you did not buy it there was $45. Was it worth doing it myself to save $45? For me yes. Now that I know how to break the bead it will take me less than 30 min total next time. I'm not counting the time to R&I the wheel because I have to do that anyway. Plus no one has ever cleaned the inside of the rim or checked the wheel bearings. Doing it myself assures this will be done.

So basicly I'll be at the Jack-In-The-Box in Brookshire at 6:30 Saturday morning two up. Is anything going to be open in Fayettville that early in the morning?

Stretch
July 4th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
Is anything going to be open in Fayettville that early in the morning?Uhhhhh....I dunno, I'll find out.

mccoyd1
July 5th, 2002, 08:50 AM
I think it cost $10 to get in to TWS. Maybe if you tell them you are only going to stay a few minutes they wont charge you??

Stretch
July 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Ok, Here's the deal:

Be at the Brookshire Jack in the Box at 6:15am, leaving at 6:30am. I plan to go to Fayettville to eat breakfast. If they're not open, we'll ride some more. I plan to be back at the Jackin-Box NLT 9:30am. The weather should be nice and cool early in the AM. I plan to be two-up, so the pace won't be screamin' fast.

Call me if you need anything 281-785-2961.

Jason

[ July 05, 2002, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Jason Y ]

Stretch
July 5th, 2002, 03:21 PM
The name of the restaurant is Orsack's, they open at 8:00am for breakfast.

Louis Reinartz
July 5th, 2002, 05:04 PM
TWS is free to watch :D

Stretch
July 5th, 2002, 05:59 PM
LOUIS? Talking about WATCHING and not RIDING? WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?! :D

[ July 05, 2002, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Jason Y ]

The Big Spank Daddy
July 5th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Just be patient if I'm not there at exactly 6:30. The woman is a bit slow to get out of bed and I'll do the best I can to get her going. I plan on being there on time though.

Stretch
July 5th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Ok, seeya there.

rtbain
July 5th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Count me in. 0630. Boss Lady will be in bed.