PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 7-6-02 ride

The Big Spank Daddy
July 8th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Met up with Jason and his gal Shea, hope I spelled that right, Scott and Randy at JITB in Brookshire at 6:30 am. Well, I was running a bit late but it was close enough. We were out by 7:00 and headed for Fayettville taking the usual route. There was quite a lot of fog in the lower sections on FM 949 which slowed us down, or at least me anyway. We got to Fayetteville where we had breakfast. Jason had to split to get back home for a partty and BBQ.

Randy, Scott, myself and the "Ball & Chain" headed to Round Top and then over to 390 North of Brenham. We then took 105 East through Navasota to FM 3090. We ran 3090 North, then South and liked it so much went North again. We then took 149 to Richards where we took a nice long break. It was getting pretty warm but all the trees in this area made it a bit cooler than it actually was. We then went to Dobin, Magnolia, Hempstead, Waller and home.

By the time I got home we had done just over 300 miles. Cindy really had a good time with you guys but was worried that she "crashed" our party. I told her that we had done fine and that the pace we ran was about normal. I appreciate you guys holding it down so we could keep up.

The only incidents were not related to us but appeared to include motorcyclist in two seperate events in the Richards area according to the DPS trooper where we stopped.

rtbain
July 8th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Cindy was not a factor in slowing us down. I think it was the AOF. tongue.gif

Once we got clear of the fog I really enojyed the ride. It makes me real nervous when I don't have good line of sight through a curve.

And a note to everyone 3090 was in pretty good shape. A couple of potholes in the line and some marbles around the edges but not too bad.

Scott came up with the best idea of the day, ride 3090 once and check for bad spots then have fun on the way back.

Oh yeah, Shea is looking for a new BF now. Jason is headding off to college. Poor dear. :D She has her own helmet and jacket. And a JOB! What more do you want from a woman?

The Big Spank Daddy
July 8th, 2002, 07:02 AM
"What more do you want from a woman?"

Do you really need to ask?

Thanks for your pace. The triple digit stuff is just way to much, especialy two up. The pace we had Saturday was enjoyable.

Stretch
July 8th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Randy Bain:

Oh yeah, Shea is looking for a new BF now. Jason is headding off to college. Poor dear. :D She has her own helmet and jacket. And a JOB! What more do you want from a woman?Oh MAN! Something just hit me below the belt!

Just kiddin....

tankmonkey
July 8th, 2002, 01:41 PM
lemme know when you guys wanna do something like this again. it was a hoot and a holler - especially running blind through the fog banks :D

6:30 am was a little early for my taste, but it was nice avoiding the majority of the day's heat, so I guess it's all good.

and randy... I don't care what any of the other guys say about you - you're a-ok in my book. ;)

The Big Spank Daddy
July 8th, 2002, 01:48 PM
One of the things I liked best was that we had no formal plans. We had a basic idea and rode what fit our need for the day. Everyone was flexable and there was no rush to get back, or anywhere else for that matter. Where ever we ended up was just fine. Just let me know when your ready to go again.