PDA

View Full Version : 7-14-02 SMR

The Big Spank Daddy
July 14th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Hooked up with a total of 7 riders at JITB in Brookshire. "The Screaming Yellow Thunder" was able to make it.

We headed out to Fayetville. FM949 at HWY36 had just been freshly repaved and had a lot of loose gravel for about 5 miles. After that it was clear and clean. Had breakfast at Oarsaks and headed back to Brookshire. Just off racer road onto FM359 we hit a bit of a rain shower. Jeff and I peeled off at FM362 and the rain stopped for us about 1/4 mile North.

Great ride and the temp was just right. How was Jillians? How about the weather?

Pete
July 14th, 2002, 06:06 PM
On the way back we hit some rain and decided to take the scooters home. I was dry by the time I got home though. I then drove back up to watch the race and Jillians was very accomodating. They turned on two big screens!! :D I was surprised how big the place was and since it was a Sunday afternoon it wasn't very crowded. We need to keep this place in mind for other events.

Jeff Donnelly
July 15th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Sorry for not making the other rides, but work and being the bottom guy on the totum pole makes for long weekends. I had a great time and did all I could do to keep up. Next time WATCH OUT, "The Screaming Yellow Thunder" will show no mercy on your pitiful souls. ;)