PDA

View Full Version : Hallett Race results

Louis Reinartz
July 22nd, 2002, 07:55 AM
We went,we raced...we finished 3rd.
It was great weather and a good tune up run for the hotter than hell IBI!!
Glen Bradshaw,Jon Whitfill and myself ran very well,putting down 1:31-1:33 all day. The track was full of patches and slick spots making it fun to slide thru the exits. All in all it was a very good day. My brain is smoked due to the drive home, I will be happy to give color comments in person.
Who wants to ride this weekend?

Pete
July 22nd, 2002, 12:07 PM
Glad to hear you guys did good. What happened to your HW pit neighbors?

I'll be out this weekend. We should plan a longer ride out to Somerville or something.

Louis Reinartz
July 22nd, 2002, 04:36 PM
They dont call themselves "Team Soil Sample" for nothing!!Bob can fill in the rest.

Louis Reinartz
July 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
I understand Mr. Price is in the hospital with a broken leg from the sprints...to go along with his heat exhaustion from Saturday.
Tweety fill us in..what's next..how are you? Do you need any help getting ready for NPR?

tweety
July 24th, 2002, 07:24 PM
What's in a name....?
There's are only 2 people that know part of why I crashed. Louis and myself.
I didn't do any practice on the bike since we were doing some final adjustments for the ringers, um, the faster guys.
I went out all pumped up since we were then in 3rd overall. Many thanks to David Kagan.
Somewhere in my first lap out, Louis came by me and I followed him about 3-4 bikes back. We came to the front stretch and away we went. This is my favorite part of the track so I went to town. I was going to gain and pass Louis going up the hill. Well, that was the plan. But somewhere in the bong resin was this little bit of information that was left out about me not being on the 600 anymore.
I set up for the turn just like normal. I apexed the turn just like normal. And I exited the turn going about a million miles per hour faster than I ever had before. Oops! Should have done practice huh?
I didn't give up there. Nope. This was not panic time. This was give it more gas time. There is plenty of run-off room so why not? I was screaming into my helmet to turn as I looked up the hill. Turn, TURRRRNNN!!!
Out of the corner of my eye I saw my fate at the last possible moment. The grass. I let off the gas, stood the bike up, and went out into the country for a weekend ride. Ever try to stop on grass with a speeding bike? Ain't going to happen.
I was doing well until I hit one of those car ruts. Boooiiing!!! I looked up and wondered why the grass was above me. When it came to me I thought, "oh not again...". BAM!
I moved my toes, I moved my hands, I took a deep breath and was happy that nothing was broken. I went to get up and realized that my neck and back were not ready. So I waited. I thought about how mad I was because I lost yet another tinted shield this year. I thought about how decent the weather was that day. I thought about the other teams yelling at me for flagging the race. Too **** bad I thought. It's my back.
The jist is this:
Never, ever, ever get sucked up into someone elses pace until you know what the bike is going to do.
I need someone to hypnotise me so I can put these wrecks away in my head. Seriously. Does anyone know of someone?
Bike is stripped down right now. All cosmetic. Crumpled tank. Cracks in plastic. All fixable. Going to be sent out this Saturday to be fixed.

The people that we race with are great. They all look after each other. Awesome group.

Pete
July 25th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Doh!! Did you at least complete the pass on Louis before giving into the temptation to try and race the local farm equipment? tongue.gif Seriously though its a good thing the Bob parts remained unbroken and that you missed that tire wall in 1. From what I was hearing you got lucky compared to others that crashed that weekend.

Louis Reinartz
July 25th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Pete...NO!!!!!!!!!!he did not pass the mighty SV from Heritage Paint and Body racing..motor by Cycle Center of Denton..he needed a faster bike!!

tweety
July 25th, 2002, 10:09 PM
From what I heard from another racer, I was pretty far out there.
Tire wall? There's a tire wall?