PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy air? Where?

The Big Spank Daddy
July 25th, 2002, 09:54 AM
http://www.tnrcc.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/monops/ozone_animation

I've been checking this "live" animated map by the TNRCC and have yet to see it anyother color than green. Green according to the legend is healthy. So where is all this unhealthy ozone evryone is complaining about?

The Big Spank Daddy
July 25th, 2002, 10:07 AM
You have to click on the area of the state you want to view.

Oskar_Z28
July 25th, 2002, 12:07 PM
It doesn't show up until later on - in the afternoon.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 25th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Okay, I'll try again this afternoon.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 26th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Nope. Never saw any of that unhealthy air they keep telling us is out there. I guess parking the cage and riding my economicly and enviromentaly effecient motorcycle has done it's part to reduce the pollutants in the Houston/Galveston area.

Oskar_Z28
July 26th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Look at last tuesday.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 26th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Look at last tuesday

I did not ride my bike that day. See what I'm saying, "Motorcycles are envitomentaly sound".

The Big Spank Daddy
July 26th, 2002, 07:24 AM
I see the time in hours clicking off but it still stays all green? Oskar, do you see something I don't?

The Big Spank Daddy
July 26th, 2002, 07:28 AM
I went back and checked a bunch of different days and they all stay green. Am I doing something wrong?

Pete
July 26th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
I went back and checked a bunch of different days and they all stay green. Am I doing something wrong?Its an animated picture and I think your not letting it load all the way. It cycles through the entire day and yes there is quite a bit of Houston in the "unhealthy" zone during the daytime.

The Big Spank Daddy
July 26th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Okay, I just wasn't giving it enough time to run. What are the odds that all that starts in the Pasadena/Deerpark side of town? It seems kind of obvious to me were it starts and what the possible source is. You can see how the SW winds blow it up towards Crosby and the Lake Houston area.