PDA

View Full Version : 1 more time who's going??

Louis Reinartz
July 31st, 2002, 02:22 PM
Like to get a head count for the IBI this weekend.
So far I know Randy,Pete and myself are going.Any other takers? Post up or get left behind.
We will be meeting up with the rest of the TSBA riders in Kerrville on Saturday,riding the hill country and returnibg on Sunday.

Pete
July 31st, 2002, 02:45 PM
My interpretation:

Les confirmed yesterday that he is going and needs a room.

The last I heard Oskar is riding with us but is staying at a friends house because he is trying to save money for a pair of handlebar tassles for his SV.

Scotty is going to ride with us on Friday until he gets hot then he is going to go home. I estimate this to occur around Fayetteville. I think last years turkey vulture incident has him spooked. No need to worry about a room for him.

So that looks like about 5 of us doing the whole trip and 2 hotel rooms should surfice.

Louis Reinartz
July 31st, 2002, 03:02 PM
So 2 rooms 5 people. I would like to get in the room with 3 people,since it would cost a little less. Being unemployed is hell! A roll away would work just fine.
Randy have you/are you releasing the rest of the rooms?

Pete
July 31st, 2002, 03:13 PM
With Oskar staying with friends theres just 4 of us in the motel so 2 rooms should work perfecto!

Oskar_Z28
July 31st, 2002, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Pete is right. I need some tassles on my bike and chrome too. Those things aren't that cheap. Yes, I am going, but staying with a friend.

Leskerr
July 31st, 2002, 05:01 PM
I am definetly in.

rtbain
July 31st, 2002, 07:05 PM
I can wait until Friday to release the rooms. If someone wants a room only for Saturday just let me know.

I'll share a room with one other person if they like. We can cram three in if necessary but I am old and prefer a bit more space.

My plan is to see who shows up Friday and cancel the unused rooms at our lunch stop. ( I am learning how these things work)Blanco works pretty good for lunch unless someone else has a better idea.

I have saddle bags and will be happy to tote water for you sissy bike guys. If you like I'll pick up a six pack of water Thursday night.

Here is a link to the route. It is a zipped word doc.

http://users2.ev1.net/~rtbain/tsba/hthibi.zip

rtbain
July 31st, 2002, 07:12 PM
http://users2.ev1.net/~rtbain/tsba/hthibi.zip

Just to make sure everyone knows. There will be spare rooms until lunch time.

If you get a chance to come up at the last minute call the hotel and let them know BEFORE noon. Reservations are in my name.

Hotel information is:
Days Inn
2000 Sidney Baker St
Kerrville, TX 78028
830-896-1000

Oskar_Z28
July 31st, 2002, 08:19 PM
I was going to pick up some tire plug kits. Anyone knows good ones that work for motorcycles?

I will also take you up on that water Randy. I have a backpack that I will strap to my back seat, but the space on the seat is very limited.

Oskar.

rtbain
August 1st, 2002, 04:15 AM
I carry:
A stop-n-Go plug kit
Small compressor
CO2 fillers
First aid kit
(Hey I am old and like to have stuff like this around)

I can bring
Permanent plugs (from the inside)
Curved tire irons
tire lube
glue (for permanent patches)
tow rope

The Big Spank Daddy
August 1st, 2002, 06:44 AM
As most of you know by now I can't make it. Just be careful and safe. Don't let those Hill Country regulars get ya'll in to deep. I'll be flying the TSBA colors Sunday morning at JIB. With all the planning and forthought Randy did you guys should at least buy him one lunch or dinner. Good job Randy, you'll make someone a good wife one day.

Pete
August 1st, 2002, 07:11 AM
If anyone needs to get in contact with us my mobile number is 713-447-9182. I don't know what kind of wireless coverage there will be out in the sticks though.

JM
August 1st, 2002, 11:45 AM
As much as I would like to join you, I have to help my brother move back from Austin this weekend. I'll wave if I happen to see any of you on the roads. smile.gif

[ August 01, 2002, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: JM ]