PDA

View Full Version : SMR (north) 16 May

Paul Sonderfan
May 15th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Anyone interested in a northern route for Sunday, post up or call me 713-899-4598 for start point.

The Big Spank Daddy
May 15th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Jeff and I will meet you at your abode between 7:30 and 7:45. Side stands up at 8:00.

Anyone want to join us at Barker Cypress and 529 at 7:00?

[ May 15, 2004, 09:19: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

CalamariKid
May 15th, 2004, 09:05 AM
I'd like to but have a commitment tomorrow. Have fun!

Schreck
May 15th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I'm in call me at 713 480 8489.
North, Northwest, Northeast?????? tongue.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
May 15th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Ready,

Rear tire on the Bandit and the oil changed.

Finaly repaired the V&H pipe and got it back on the FJ. Wow! What a difference the the V&H made. It is easily 25 pounds lighter than the stock unit. Also, the jetting was never changed back for the stock pipe. Now it runs sooooo much smoother.

Pete
May 15th, 2004, 06:57 PM
So what and whens the meet up point?

StuartR
May 15th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I'm in for the ride up north! I'll be coming up from Sugar Land, so I can either meet up towrds Hwy 6 and Barker Cypress or I can go direct to to the meet spot. Where ever that is?

If I dont see a post up I'll call Paul in the morning. My cell is 832-338-5842.

Looking forward to some good riding...again!

Paul Sonderfan
May 16th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Address 6710 walton Heath for those with Mapquest.Or, from the intersection of 249 and 1960, go east on 1960. After you cross the railroad tracks, take a left at the 2nd light (Cutten Rd.) Take the 3rd street on the right (Walton Heath). When you get to the stop sign, look to your left and you will see bikes in the driveway. If all else fails, my cell is 713-899-4598.

The Big Spank Daddy
May 16th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Just got in. Good ride.

We met up at Pauls house, myself, Jeff, Tony, Aaron, Stuart, Volker and of course Paul. We headed out Honea Egypt, 149, 3090 to Navasota. Had lunch at the Cafe in Navasota. Headed back down 362 to the house.

No incidents to report. Actually it was so incident free it was almost boring. When I say, "boring", I do not mean that in a bad way. We did have to stop on 362 though, car in the ditch. Cops had the road blocked while they got it out.

[ May 16, 2004, 20:43: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Schreck
May 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I just wanted to say that Paul tongue.gif hosted a outstanding ride as ride leader....Great ride route Paul and see ya out next time. :D

Paul Sonderfan
May 17th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Tony. It was a great group, no incidents no whining, no waiting on laggers and home in time to watch the races. Thanks to everyone!

arpad
May 20th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Jacob and I were in San Antonio this past weekend reprisenting the Houston Chapter. I came in Saturday night and joined some friends at The Flying Saucer to watch the Spurs lose. That sucked. I slept-in Sunday morning and waited for Jacob and his girlfriend to drive-in from El Campo. We unloaded his "919" and had breakfast at the Donut Shop on Fred. Rd.

Suited up and headed out to Helotes about 11:00am-11:30am. Absolutely beautiful day. Bandera, Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey fuel stop. Then up 336 to Texas 41. The state has cleared the Cedar and Juniper alongside the left and right of the road so you can actually see the canyon on the left! AND you can see what a crooked road it REALLY is! BETTER to be sure. Almost eliminating the "blind corner" effect. At the fifteen mile mark I almost hit a buzzard. Lots of roadkill today. Later coming back down 335 I surprised a doe at around the midway point. Tried to keep the Gixxer in in my lane and expected the worst. (You know the ***** is gonna run along side you and then dart in front of you) It did. Today I survived a collision with one of God's creatures and lived to tell you all I came away unscathed! I guess I outweighed this one cause it hit me broadside (I felt it on my Alpinestars) and folded under the bike. I knocked it on it's *** and it tumbled below me and I cleared it. smile.gif I looked in my mirror and watched it recover and run away. I could'nt believe it with all the stories of us and our bikes gettin knocked our asses. Score one for us! I stopped to see if anything was damaged. Lots of fur but NOT A SCRATCH!
Man I was excited! We went on to do Texas 55 and headed back home Camp Wood, Leakey, Vanderpool etc.
You know, I was surprised not to see any other sport riders the whole day, save for two guys on R-sixes we met at the General Store at Vandy. They were from Hunt. (one of them was a Yamaha technician at a bike shop in Kerrville) We passed them later on the mountain and one of them chased me. He was very good. Caught up to me in no time and I had to wave him past. I just read the San Antonio thread on the arrest made on the mountain two weeks prior and I understand why I did'nt see any of them (tsba San Antonio) around that day. That and they meet way too early in the morning... hee hee. We were lucky. No law enforcement that I could remember. smile.gif