PDA

View Full Version : Meeting?

Oskar_Z28
June 4th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Is there a meeting this week?

Brian Montgomery
June 4th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Meeting? Why would we need a meeting? What is there to discuss? Let's see, I made an announcement in a previous post that I plan on heading out to Deals Gap Again on Labor Day weekend. On that weekend, I am going to use part of one day to ride the white water rapids. The rivers are amazing in the area so Pete, Sean and myself decided that the next time we would check that out. So maybe someone can make that official. In fact, lets just call it our Hotter than Hell IBI Ride!

Let's see....other events include the Texas Mini GP races in Denton, TX on June 12th and the 13th.
CMRA at Texas World on June 19th and 20th

Does anyone else have some topics to discuss?

Oskar_Z28
June 4th, 2004, 08:31 AM
OK, so it's on Labor day weekend. Cool. I'm in. I've been kicking myself for breaking my hand and not going to the Gap last weekend. Is it the same deal - leave Friday AM come back Monday?

Pete
June 4th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Oskar_Z28:
OK, so it's on Labor day weekend. Cool. I'm in. I've been kicking myself for breaking my hand and not going to the Gap last weekend. Is it the same deal - leave Friday AM come back Monday? The plan is leave Thursday morning, ride Friday and Saturday, come back Sunday, recover on Monday. Its around 15 hrs each way which kills two days just driving.

I've got plans tomorrow and won't be at the meeting.

Brian Montgomery
June 4th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Pete has the trip situation correct.

The Big Spank Daddy
June 4th, 2004, 05:36 PM
****! I forgot all about it.

Yes, I will be there tomorrow. We need to get some tire soap approved for club use. A case is between $30 and $50 bucks. The last case lasted for over a 1 1/2 years. Randy is ordering it and will tell me the exact price when it comes in.

1)We bring up Brian's stuff
2)We need to approve the $$$$ for the tire soap
3)We need to discuss a date and location for the HTH ride.
4)I have bussiness cards to hand out
5)I will have patches and decals for sale
6)If you need/want a t-shirt call me "NOW" 832-515-0662 or post "NOW" so I can get with Randy to have it at the meeting with me.
7)Need to come up with a track day raffle plan ($$$$ for the track day has already been approved)
8)Up coming race schedule

[ June 04, 2004, 22:35: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

VFRacer-R
June 4th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Any time on when we are doing the raffle and track day give-away?
There is a track day coming up on July 9th I think...

Also, might want to mention the race coming up in College Station- June 19th-20th. Pit crew and corner workers are in high demand for the 8hr on Saturday and sprints on Sunday.

Sean Smith
June 4th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Next time to the Gap will be faster. We made it from Robbinsville to Lafayette on 10hrs 45min. As opposed to the way up which was more like 13 hrs from Lafayette...or something like that.

needforspeed2
June 4th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by VFRacer:
Any time on when we are doing the raffle and track day give-away?
There is a track day coming up on July 9th I think...

It's July 5th-LSTD. A and C group are still open.

VFRacer-R
June 4th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Lance Reynolds:

It's July 5th-LSTD. A and C group are still open. That's it. Thanks Lance.

Sean Smith
June 5th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Brain Montgomery:
The rivers are amazing in the area so Pete, Sean and myself decided that the next time we would check that out. This would take away a day of riding-I think. If we run the rapids on Friday, Saturday would be Deal's Gap in the morning and the Skyway in the afternoon. We wouldn't get a chance to travel the Parkway. Or we could flip-flop the dates.

Sure we might go a little ways down the Parkway if we did it on Saturday after the Gap or Friday after rafting, but I would like to follow it from the beginning which I think was around Cherokee the end somewhere in Virginia. The Parkway meanders for 469 miles and connects Shenandoah and Great Smoky Mountains.

You think we should put in for an extra day? The leaves will be just starting to turn up there and it would be beautiful.

We could do the Gap, the Skyway, the Parkway, and go into D.C, (like Brian wanted to do last trip up) and ride the rapids. All this could be accomplished if we added a day and the weather holds; plus we know the area better and I know at least one Park Ranger, Brian know a S.C. State Trooper and Pete made friends with a Cherokee Policemen that ride a Ninja 600R!

We had a GREAT time last weekend even with spotty weather, if the sun god would shine on us on Labor Day we would truly be blessed! What an amazing part of the country!

With rooms at $50 that sleeps three at the resort, we would probably spend less money this trip up than the last.

If the resort is full, some of you guys can stay at that old ladies house where Brian and Pete were. tongue.gif Didn't she offer you guys a cocktail? :cool: But I would recommend the Microtel...VERY rider friendly, $64 a night for two non-smoking queen beds.