PDA

View Full Version : SMR 6-6-04

The Big Spank Daddy
June 5th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Jeff, myself and one of Jeff's friends will be at JIB and ready to go at 8:00. We're meeting Jeff's friend at the Kroger gas stop on 529 and Barker Cypress at 7:15.

Fayetteville may be in the plans, but I'm looking at a loooooooooooong riding day. I may do something totaly different, just depends on Jeff's side kick.

StuartR
June 6th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Weather looks good, any rain in the forcast appears to be later in the afternoon. See you at the JIB!

The Big Spank Daddy
June 6th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Did the usual long route. Myself, Pete, Stuart, Aaron and ????, **** I forgot alrady, Tony maybe on a 600RR?

We ran into some bike riders at Frelsburg to Fayetteville and on the way to Round Top. We saw one B&W on 290 running radar at Burton. The bird dog sniffed him out just in time and we made it through okay. It started getting a bit warm by about 11:00. Glad we start early, it saves us from some serious heat. Looks like a little over 230 miles for me today.

I was home before 1:00 and applied the last coat of the Gray Majic to the GPZ upper fairing.

No tickets and no insidents that I'm aware of. How about you other guys? Everyone okay?

Oh yeah, Aaron and I both had a bit of a moment on the last turn on 3090 South bound. That last turn that is very sharp and up hill. Tt has a bit of a dip at the apex. It gave me a hard head shake on the bars that spooked me pretty good. Just as I looked back in my mirror I see Aaron do the same thing. Though his looked a bit scarier from my perspective.

[ June 06, 2004, 15:21: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

Schreck
June 6th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Don't really know when I will be out riding again...Me and my son and wife got T-boned Friday night by a Nurse from Childrens Hospital..He fell asleep behind the wheel and ran the red light. My truck is totaled and me and the wife got hurt pretty bad...... I feel like I got every tendon ripped out of my right arm and kicked in the back.You men have fun without me and I hope to be out and about by the end of the year.

[ June 07, 2004, 09:22: Message edited by: T. Schreckenbach ]

The Big Spank Daddy
June 6th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Tony, heard about it today from one of the other guys in Fayetteville. Hope everyone recovers quickly.

VFRacer-R
June 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Tony-
Sorry to hear about the wreck, is your wife still in the hospital? At least your son is OK and you are still kicking around.
USAA will take care of everything for you. You don't need a lawyer, they will provide the legal for you and also deal with the other insurance company so you don't have to.
The only time you should need a lawyer with USAA is if you don't feel like what you get recovered is enough.
I have had USAA all my life, and never, ever had a problem.
Good luck with that stuff, it can consume you if you let it.

[ June 06, 2004, 15:45: Message edited by: VFRacer ]

CalamariKid
June 6th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Tony,

I live on your side of town so let me know if you need help with anything. We've got 3 kids, so if you want us to watch your son while you take care of things, no problemo.

StuartR
June 6th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Good ride today! Made it home without incident in time to watch all the mot racing.

Tony - sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everything turns out ok.

AaronEustace
June 7th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Good ride today. Hadn't seen Pete in a while and it was nice to ride with him again. Stuart is handling that FZ1 really well. Kept looking back on 3090 and there he was. Todd was the 'relatively' New Guy on a gorgeous black 600RR. That is THE color for that bike. Hadn't seen one before. Chris is ready for a track day, I'll go if you go :D .

That last tight uphill 15mph turn on 3090 is usually my favorite. It's the first place I drug a knee (on Dan's R6). But yesterday I almost ate sh!t and it was totally my fault. We came up on a truck/trailer which pissed me off so I hung back to make a faster run at it. I saw Chris bobble but it didn't really register, all I wanted was to get that knee down on the Superhawk. I got in there hot, countersteered as hard as I could, gave it a little too much 'maintenance' throttle before the apex and the ***-end just came around. The outside foot came off the peg and probably looked much squidlier than it felt ;) . At least I didn't drift or tuck the front and I stayed in my lane :D .

Tony, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad the boy's fine, take good care of your wife and document everything, pictures, doctor visits, everything! Post up if you need anything.

VFRacer-R
June 7th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by AaronEustace:
Chris is ready for a track day, I'll go if you go :D . July 5th.........
July 5th.............
July 5th................
You can share my trailer and ride in my truck.......
You can share my trailer and ride in my truck.........
You can share my trailer and ride in my truck.......

"They" say you have to repeat things twice for people to actually hear you! :D

The outside foot came off the peg and probably looked much squidlier than it felt ;) . At least I didn't drift or tuck the front and I stayed in my lane. Holy Cow!
You are making it so easy, I won't even take that bait!
Seriously though, glad you didn't throw that wonderful bike (I am being serious, I love that bike) on the ground.

Chatterbox
June 7th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Tommy and Aaron!!! "SHAME ON YOU!!!!" ;)

Chris doesn't need any encouragement to go out and trash MY FJ!!!! :D

[ June 07, 2004, 15:37: Message edited by: Chatterbox ]

AaronEustace
June 7th, 2004, 03:08 PM
FJ??? I don't think they sell racing-Diesel at the track tongue.gif . I was thinking he'd use the Bandit, what a cool and gook looking bike that is.

Tom, thanks for the generous offer but I am ON-CALL July 5 with no way out. We each are assigned a holiday weekend for call duty and mine is July 3-5, bummer... Keep that offer open and I'm in.

arpad
June 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Jacob (SV650S), Troy (GSX-R1000), Cody (CBR954RR) and I (GSX-R1000) reprisented the Houston Chapter in San Antonio yesterday. We trailered to Bandera this time since we are usually so tired by the time we get back to Bandera, our butts hate the last 40 or so miles to San Antonio. We logged 300 miles and survived no less than five encounters with radar-armed law enforcement of the "dangerous third world" of the Hill country! All of which was done with instinct and a little luck (none of us had equipment to detect such radar). Additionally, Jacob's SV suffered a puncture to the rear tire just as we finished the "sweepers" on 55 and barely made it back to Camp Wood. "Plugged it" and made it home without incident. It was windy and we all experinced sun burn just from the few times we removed our helmets to take a break!
Missed y'all. We plan to join you at Fayettville next weekend, weather permitting. smile.gif

The Big Spank Daddy
June 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I still have not gathered enough guts to do a track day yet. Also, I will not have any medical ins for another 30 days. Although I have leathers, my boots will not fit over them or the leathers over the boots. Good excuse to get new boots, huh?

Brian Montgomery
June 7th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Schoffer:
Jacob (SV650S), Troy (GSX-R1000), Cody (CBR954RR) and I (GSX-R1000) reprisented the Houston Chapter in San Antonio yesterday. We trailered to Bandera this time since we are usually so tired by the time we get back to Bandera, our butts hate the last 40 or so miles to San Antonio. We logged 300 miles and survived no less than five encounters with radar-armed law enforcement of the "dangerous third world" of the Hill country! All of which was done with instinct and a little luck (none of us had equipment to detect such radar). Additionally, Jacob's SV suffered a puncture to the rear tire just as we finished the "sweepers" on 55 and barely made it back to Camp Wood. "Plugged it" and made it home without incident. It was windy and we all experinced sun burn just from the few times we removed our helmets to take a break!
Missed y'all. We plan to join you at Fayettville next weekend, weather permitting. smile.gif So far we have 2 post of people not letting others know about rides only to do them and talk about them later! Come on people, if you have intentions of going out somewhere, post up! Otherwise keep it to yourselves.

arpad
June 7th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Brian, if you have a complaint, keep it to yourself!

Paul Sonderfan
June 8th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:
[QUOTE] Come on people, if you have intentions of going out somewhere, post up! Otherwise keep it to yourselves. Sorry Brian, it really was a short fuse kind of thing and the original intentions were to make it a leisurely trip with the wife on the back.(OK, I tried, but she bailed) Enough excuses----Blame Randy!

rtbain
June 8th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Paul Sonderfan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brian Montgomery:

Come on people, if you have intentions of going out somewhere, post up! Otherwise keep it to yourselves. Sorry Brian, it really was a short fuse kind of thing and the original intentions were to make it a leisurely trip with the wife on the back.(OK, I tried, but she bailed) Enough excuses----Blame Randy! </font>It was all my fault. I'll never do that again. I promise baby! It was those guys I was runing with made me do it!

The Big Spank Daddy
June 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
You're all crawfishin', you bunch of panzies!

Oh but wait, I did post up about this past SMR. And I might add it was a good one. No slow guys. Even yours truely who was taking it fairly easy, wicked it up a bit. We covered over 200 miles, did 3090 twice and still made it home by 1:30.

What do you think about this past SMR Aaron?

Sooooooooooooo, where were you Brian? :confused:

AaronEustace
June 9th, 2004, 07:07 AM
What do you think about this past SMR Aaron?
Aside from the bicyclists screwing up my second favorite road :mad: , and the new chip-seal on 949 I had a blast! It was full on the binders coming down the hill into Round Top and seeing that cop standing in the middle of the road :eek: . She had to have noticed the rate of speed we were going.

It's still my favorite route and the best part was not having to wait and shut off the bike at every intersection. Stopping for even 30 seconds is starting to get mighty hot in leathers ;) .

I enjoy riding with Fayetteville-Larry and Robert eventho Robert's a HUGE squid and thinks nothing of the PACE. Well at least he's riding with a jacket now. Larry's the first guy I've seen on a 'Busa that can actually ride one. Nice guys those two.

Anyway, thanks for leading and setting a good pace. Unfortunately, we seem to be averaging about 5 guys per SMR the last few months :( . Where is everybody???