PDA

View Full Version : First race

smits6
August 11th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting and the ride. Had a valid excuse though cause Team JAS (Just Admiring the Scenery) rode it's first Endurance race this Saturday at TWS. Contrary to all expectations the race went very smooth. First of all, thanks to superhuman efforts, our chief mechanic got the bike ready right on time, with the rear wheel and steering damper arriving the day before the race. In the practice sessions the "Beast" (our yellow 900SS, thus called for it's smooth power delivery and refined handling...) proved to be in fine form. It held up despite the abuse, with the starter motor the only casualty, and allowed us to meet our primary objective which was to finish the race :cool: . As if that wasn't enough the race results had us finishing 27/47 overall and 4/13 in the middle-weight supersport class. :cool: :cool:

pictures:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/janwoutersmits/lst?.dir=/JAS&.view=t

racer-x
August 11th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Congrats man!!!! Nothin' feels better than a good day at the track. Trust me, This is one race day that will always stand out. I still remember my first just like it was yesterday!
Again,congrats!

breeno
August 13th, 2002, 12:17 PM
I remember seeing the bike out there, glad y'alls day went so well! Gonna make the rest of the races this season?

smits6
August 13th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Looks like we won't make Hallett, but we should be at TWS in Sept. Hopefully with a working starter motor, it's hot enough without having to push...