PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for the Houston group!

JohnT
June 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
This was posted on CBRWORLD. Thought I should pass it on.

"More details to follow, but two of my good friends were riding in the Chappel Hill area on Memorial day when a red standard cab Dodge pickup truck with a large cattle guard (?) and no license plates decided to purposefully run them off the road.

When they got out of the way and pulled into a gravel parking area (you may know where it is, many bikes stop there for a break), the truck turned around, returned and drove over a brand new black Triumph that one of my friends was driving. The guys were unarmed, there was no provocation on their part (I know them well enough to believe it), and when one of them grabbed a helmet to defend himself the driver pulled a gun in his face.

Police investigation is pending. First of all, take this as a warning if you are on a SMR in the area. Second, please keep an eye out for red trucks there, possibly without license plates. The guy must live within a 20-mile radius or so, how far could he be driving without plates, and he was clearly looking for trouble (hence the plates were off).

The bike is totaled, it didn't even have 3000 miles on it. Fortunately my friend has full coverage. The whole thing makes me so angry.. we are so defenseless on the bikes, whether on or off, to the point that even I am considering getting a concealed carry for the bike. And if you know the bleeding-heart me, that's to say a lot."

Crazy arse Texans... man, there are loads of rednecks getting crazy with their trucks and guns recently!

The Big Spank Daddy
June 11th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks John, but we already have a thread started on that topic.

http://www.tsba.org/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001126

JohnT
June 11th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Chris Donnelly:
Thanks John, but we already have a thread started on that topic.

http://www.tsba.org/UBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001126 Oops...Sorry guys. Guess I shoulda taken the time to do a search first.