PDA

View Full Version : Race report from NPR

Louis Reinartz
August 19th, 2002, 12:31 PM
What a weekend,great track good people doesn't get any better.
We arrived at NPR on Friday morning to practice,workrd at the ftack with riders school instead,after lunch we got in 1 session and the rain came...HARD.
Saturday was a new day and race day. We were ready to go and soon it was time,the flag dropped and off we go chasing the Robins Roost team,good friends and great riders. We diced and raced very close,after about 30 minutes I had got pass Chris and I knew he was very close to me looking for a moment to repass me,going into turn 3 Chris tucked the front end and low sided the bike.

I finisged my 45 minute session and went in to check on Chris and the bike,Chris had a good hit to the head and a broken (or very sore) rib.
Mike Robin worked very fast and hard to get the bike ready to go after a delay he decided it needed a clutch and I gave him our spare,Mike worked some more and when finished he set out to make up for lost time,Jon Whitfill was riding for us and Jon knew he could let Mike go and ride his own race,that's just what he did.Mike ran a session and after stopping realized it was time to call it a day and take care of Chris.
The race continued at a blistering pace,hoping the rain would stay away,no luck it came in buckets,red flag for lightning and a 1 hour delay we were back on track getting points and laps we needed for a championship ( we had missed a round at NPR) things were going our way and as the race came to a end we were in 1st place for the day and are waiting to see the point standings,with 1 round left at TWS nationals next it will be a great race.Best of luck to Mike and Chris,I hope Chris is well and look forward to seeing you at TWS!
There will be a TSBA BBQ at the track after the race so make plans to come out for some good racing!
Thanks,

Brian Montgomery
August 19th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Louis,
Hey bud post the dates that the races will be taking place @ TWS and the dates for the BBQ. I would love to come and watch some racing. Chris…Get well soon Bud…
See you guys for the SMR….

Pete
August 19th, 2002, 03:23 PM
That first place trophy should make the sponsors happy. Kinda sucks to hear about Chris, hopefully it'll be just bruised and not broken. So I guess this makes two races in a row you've suckered someone into a corner too hot and made them crash. On this weeks SMR you might want to give a disclaimer of the dangers of riding behind you. tongue.gif

mccoyd1
August 19th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Great job to Heritage Paint guys!! They ran hard and had a great day. Working Class also had a day in the books. After getting used to the steep learning curve of going from the 600 to the 1000 things paid off. We started off strong with Steve Breen starting the race. He put in a strong 45 minute run putting us in second place.. I then put in my time keeping the pace that Steve set... Then came Bob.. Bob rode just as hard as ever, never looking back (even while cutting the track)... By the end of the race we still had our second place locked up.. This is our first podium and what a great feeling... We finished second in class and 6 overall.. Not bad for a bunch of novices!!!!

blk O11k
August 19th, 2002, 09:32 PM
you guys are bringing up old memories that aren't in my budget any more.
glad to here you guys did well.
Brian, you can park your truck at my house if you go to the races. I live at 290&1960. I probably can't go but you can still park your truck.
albert

tweety
August 20th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Bob rode hard? HA!
This must be an article from the Chronicle.
Bob's got a few screws loose that his good friends both on the track and off have been recently yelling at him about.
The big thing about our team is that we don't quit. We are the perfect example of what endurance racing is all about. The bike goes down, gets, bent, throws a chain, catches on fire, whatever...yet we keep coming back for more.
So just imagine the next season that we do if we don't have any of these problems? Watch out!