PDA

View Full Version : SMR 13 June

Paul Sonderfan
June 12th, 2004, 07:50 AM
The weather looks good for tomorrow; who's in?

The Big Spank Daddy
June 12th, 2004, 09:15 AM
What about making it Ozkar's for the races?

Oskar_Z28
June 12th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Oskar smile.gif

rtbain
June 12th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I went through Brookshire this morning. Lots of police around.

WFO
June 12th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I'm in.
Same Bat time? Same Bat channel?

Paul Sonderfan
June 12th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Brooksire @ 8 or my house at 7 for the Northside guys.

The Big Spank Daddy
June 13th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Just walked in the door. Good ride today with 12 showing up.

Jeff and I are on our way to Ozkar's for the MotoGP showing.

[ June 13, 2004, 15:58: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

The Big Spank Daddy
June 13th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Okay, now I have a little bit of time. Ride went well and I saw no LEOs. We had one new guy, Aaron on a sliver Busa. We also had one of our Polo buddies join us, Eric, the ranch foreman.

Wrong way Paul, GPS'd his way to Sealy from San Felipe the long way. Tried to blame his mis-cue on Scott. He said Scott did a fake out move to the inside...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, Scotty and I managed to beat them to the next turn. Brian, who norrowly missed the miniscule turn signal on the ZX10 that flashed for a split second, had to check his leathers at the next stop.

Just the usual 3 or 4 bikes at Fayetteville when we got there. Had breakfast and headed to round top.

Not to sure who the guilty parties were, but I saw few risky passes on the way to Round Top. Just remember guys, this is not a race. I myself had a close call around Lake Sommerville when Aaron on the Busa changed his mind and decided not to pass half way around that truck pulling the boat.

We got to Chappel Hill for gas and a break. As I was inside talking to Aaron (Honda Hawk Aaron) when he mentioned that he had an encounter with a wasp. :mad: Seems Aaron was doing the squidly thing of riding with his jacket partialy open. Wasp flew inside and commenced to sting him several times. Now if it was me I would have freaked out and started crying like a girl. But not Aaron, he's my American Idol. :D

I headed south from Chappel Hill alone, Racoon Bend and 529 back to the house. Oiled the chain and headed to Ozkar's house.

[ June 13, 2004, 16:31: Message edited by: Chris Donnelly ]

AaronEustace
June 14th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Big group yesterday, that was a nice change. Some new guys, no LEO's and only 1 off-road excursion (or so I heard?) ;) .

Got a chance to try out Paul's new ZX-10 :eek: . I'm not sure if anyone needs that much horsepower. It was a blast in a butt-clenching/scared for my life sort of way. The 2nd gear power-wheelie was hella-cool. Thanks for the ride but I couldn't wait to get back on the R6 where 1/2 throttle doesn't equal MACH-2 tongue.gif .

And yes, my little passenger I picked up 20 miles outside of Chappel Hill left about 7 enormous, red, painful, itchy welts this morning. I feel like someone kicked me in the ribs :( .

Had a great time and made it home to watch all 4 races of which the WSB probably had the best battles of the day, IMHO. Haga and Vermuellen put on a great show. Rossi's FAT power-slides are simply incredible.