PDA

View Full Version : 6-27-04

Sean Smith
June 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I know this is a couple weeks away, but myself and a couple guys from Lafayette want to make this SMR. We'll probably leave Lafayette like 4:00 am on the bikes to make it to JIB in Brookshire for 8:00am. Of course, like everything else, it depends on the weather. If they are calling for 40% or less we are there.

arpad
June 15th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Whew-hoo! Extremely large "juevos" man! 4:00am!? If I don't make a liar of myself and not show-up, I'll buy you and your friends breakfast for pulling a stunt like that!

The Big Spank Daddy
June 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM
If your going to be late, call. I leave the house about 7:15 and get to JIB about 7:40. We'll wait if need be. My cell 832-515-0662.

Sean Smith
June 16th, 2004, 06:44 PM
After discussing it with Bubba "Boosa" (Brain and Pete know who I'm talking about ;) ) We will load the bikes and trailer them to I think Baytown. Unload, then ride to the JIB. We are still going to leave a 4:00 from Lafayette and Bubba's pretty fearless when it comes to tickets so we should make good time.

There will be three of us and I for one am happy not to have to superslab all the way to Houston on the bikes; tires are expensive ya know.

Chris, I will call you if we are running behind, and Arpad I guess we will have to default on the breakfast 'cause it's not the "road warrior" trip it started out to be.

The Big Spank Daddy
June 18th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Baytown :confused:

Do you know how far it is from Baytown to JIB in Brookshire? Then you gotta drive back! I belive Brookshire is like mile marker 734 or 736?

If you guys can do that and ride a full SMR, then you are true iron men. :eek:

Sean Smith
June 18th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Bubba's thinking is that we can get through Houston faster on the bikes. I would rather trailer all the way to Brookshire and leave the truck and trailer at that truckstop or even in the back of the JIB.

There have a pretty big parking area there at the JIB. Do you think they would alough us to leave the rig there? If so, I'm sure I can convince him to trailer to the JIB.

Sean Smith
June 25th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Gentlemen, we will not be going down Houston way this weekend for what I think is obvious reasons. Maybe one day when this liquid sunshine stops and the flood waters recede we shall make our journey westward.

Hope y'alls weekend is safe and stay on high ground!

Brian Montgomery
June 25th, 2004, 07:19 AM
I was just about to post that up...this is what it looked like on my drive in today and it doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon... :(
http://users2.ev1.net/%7Eroy324/Brian/Rain.jpg

The Big Spank Daddy
June 26th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Good call, looks like 80% chance of rain for Sunday. Last report I saw showed rain through next Wednesday.

Oskar_Z28
June 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
there is racing to be watched tomorrow though smile.gif

Sean Smith
June 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Yes Oskar, my Teutonic friend, you are most right. Let their be racing to fill these dreary and water soaked days that are upon us. For we (I) hope to see Rossi on the podium with the winninhg trophy and let there be a Suzuki 1-2 at BIR.

Oh yes, these are the salad days.