PDA

View Full Version : THE INEVIDABLE HAPPENED!

Jake_GSXR_750
September 26th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Here goes guys eheh The one time I decided to ride without the jacket and gloves on I ate it!!! all the bike has damage wise is cosmetic and I am rashed up a bit but nothing too serious.. Couple of fractured ribs and a broken left clavicle bone ... I do acredit my living to my HJC amazon Lid I was wearing!!! I also acredit me living to and give many Thanks to my buddy TERRELL and his quick thinking and his quick thinking sister. My bike and I bike came out pretty unscaved!! Bike and rash pics to come soon!!

Damaged pieces on the bike are.. Left fairing Top fairing the Rear seat fairing a little Rashed. Bent swing arm where the race spool screws into the swingarm. Shifter bent shifter linkage bent. Clutch lever broke Front fender scratched a little bit Left mirror rashed a bit. Left turnsignal rashed and broken. Broke the left peg off. rashed up the Left passenger peg a bit. Stator cover rashed up a bit. Left bar end broke as well. Suprizingly the Tank and Frame were not touched!! I totally thought the bike was gonna be toast. Terrell rode it the next day and it rode true and strait so no damage to the frame and swing arm thank god.

Ok details on the the crash .. I was going about 20 to 3o mph .. I had hit the brakes in the front to stop .. the tire slid then grabbed. I high sided and the bike came back down and ghostrided for a sec or 2 grazed a curb and then lowsided on the left side. I landed on my left shoulder and my face was turned to the left so my helm got rashed a bit on the face shield and the right side of the helm and part of the left. If I hadnt been wearing that lid I swear I would have been dead or really fooked up!!

Paul Sonderfan
September 27th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Jake, glad to hear that you're relatively ok. Broken ribs and collar bone suck, but at least you saved your melon.
This is another reminder to everyone- WEAR YOUR GEAR! Most of the crashes on this board have been relatively slow speed crashes and have happened when the riders guard is down. ie. "I"m just going to the store, I don't need my gear" or I'm just going on a nice EASY ride, I don't need my gear." I don't know of anyone who went out for a ride expecting to crash.

Oskar_Z28
September 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
This Sucks, and hopefully you can get back to health soon.

You might want to hold onto pics of your wounds and not post them, or you will get ridiculed by many on internet. Just don't say that I didn't warn you. tongue.gif

Brian Montgomery
September 27th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Lets see the pictures...

CalamariKid
September 27th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Bummer. Glad you are ok. Thanks for the reminder to wear gear. I am ususally a nut about that, but last week went to lunch without a jacket. You have reminded me that those 'safe low-speed excursions' can be costly. On that note, got into work this morning and when taking my helmet off I realized that I had forgot to fasten the strap! :eek:

CalamariKid
September 27th, 2004, 10:48 AM
One more thing, let me know if you want any help on fixing your plastic, I have sort of become an expert in that area. :rolleyes: